Author Topic: Need testers - updated 10-1  (Read 40801 times)

golgoj4

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
Re: Need testers - updated 2-18
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2010, 08:00:16 pm »
Had a quick play:-

1) None of the pictures load for individual episodes.  Path for pictures is http://www.thetvdb.com/banners/_cache/

2) When I try and do a batch mode directory for "3rd Rock From The Sun" suggests show name is either "3rd rock from the" or "3rd".  When I do a batch mode directory for "Simpsons" suggests "simp".  It seems to be cutting off the last four characters (I assume it's removing an extension that isn't there). 

3) When doing batch mode, it doesn't cope very well with multiple copies of the same episode in the directory.  It correctly identifes "3rd Rock From The Sun - 4x20 - Alien Hunter.avi" as being season 4, ep 20 when selected in single file mode.  If doing batch on a directory with "3rd Rock From The Sun - 4x20 - Alien Hunter.avi" and ""3rd Rock From The Sun - 4x20.avi" however it states there are other files in the directory that it can't identify the season number of. 

3) If I search in single file mode for "Bananaman S1e1 - Bananaman Meets Dr Gloom.avi" it suggests as the first three show names "bananaman s1e1" (you should probably eliminate duplicates from the suggested show name list) and the last two as "bananaman".  It correctly identifies that it's season 1, episode 1 however.  Also, surely the top guessed show name should therefore be "bananaman" not "bananaman s1e1"

Updated today, tracked down a bug which was putting data files in the wrong place. This should end the problem of missing images and the like. Ill be in and out of the irc channel so you can more than likely find me there if you are still having problems.

In relation to the guessing of the show names:

I intentionally left it providing that many choices as the wide range of file name possibilities makes it a bit difficult to parse every possible title. You are correct that I could remove some of the duplicates that manage to make it into the list, but doing that initially led to many cases of nothing showing up. Ive been trying to wrap my head around a better way to extract the show name, but have not come up with anything yet

Episodes and seasons:
A bit easier to parse but once again the patterns only go as far as my imagination. If you could show me the filenames of what it having problems identifying?

Also, if you enter the season / ep into the box in batch mode, it will take that as the proper information when you click go.

And thanks for taking the time so far to report back :)

Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

Robert_M

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 11:03:09 am »
I have actually done something similar to what you're doing (I have a ruby script that automatically renames episodes downloaded to be in the same format). 

The way I did it was first I grab the series and episode marker from the episode.  If you did that and then assumed that everything that came before was the series that should work for a very high percentile of files (I don't think I've ever encountered anything it doesn't work for).  The only problematic files are the ones which use three digits to represent series and episode (I just wrote a special function called seperate to do this) and the ones that don't split into series and episode just use numbering.  With a bit of tweaking you should be able to deal with these cases as well (or at least have a reasonable guess).  I used the following regex's to rename the file - I think the ones at the bottom are just putting in uniform spacing but I didn't comment them so not so sure.... 

Code: [Select]
    filename = filename.gsub(/ S([0-9][0-9])E([0-9][0-9][ \.])/i, " \\1x\\2")
    filename = filename.gsub(/ S([0-9][0-9]) E([0-9][0-9][ \.])/i, " \\1x\\2")
    filename = filename.gsub(/ S([0-9])E([0-9][0-9][ \.])/i, " \\1x\\2")
    # Examples: 'S3E04' = '3x04', 'S07E05' = '7x05', 'S07E03-' = '7x03'

filename = filename.gsub(/([\- ][0-9])x([0-9][\- \.])/i, "\\1x0\\2")
    # Examples: '3x4-' = '3x04', '6x8 ' = '6x08'

filename = filename.gsub(/0([0-9]x[0-9][0-9])/i, "\\1")
    # Examples: '03x12' = '3x12', '01x03' = '1x03'

filename = filename.gsub(/\s*\[([1-9]?[0-9]x[0-9][0-9])\]\s*/i, " \\1 ")
    # Examples: '  [14x34]  ' = ' 14x34 ' 'Stargate[10x23] ' = 'Stargate 10x23 '

filename = filename.gsub(/([A-Z0-9])\s+([1-9]?[0-9]x[0-9][0-9])/i, "\\1 - \\2")

filename = filename.gsub(/([1-9]?[0-9]x[0-9][0-9])\s+([A-Z0-9])/i, "\\1 - \\2")

filename = filename.gsub(/\s*-\s*([1-9]?[0-9]x[0-9][0-9])/i, " - \\1")
    filename = filename.gsub(/([1-9]?[0-9]x[0-9][0-9])\s*-\s*/i, "\\1 - ")

SilkBC

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 07:27:04 am »
Perhaps you could have flags for certain key parts of a file name and allow users to specify how they are out together, much like a lot of music library/ripper programs out there, like Amarok.  So you could specify tags such as:

Series = %series
Season Number = %season
Episode Number = %episode
Episode Title = %title

So, taking Star Trek: TNG, episode 1, season 1, "Encounter At Far Point", as an example, one one could specify:

%series.%season.%episode.%title.avi = star trek: tng.01.01.encounter at far point.avi

or

%series_-_s%seasone%episode_-_%title.avi = %starttrek_tng_-_s01e01_-_encounter_at_far_point.avi

and so on, so the combinations would become only limited by people's imaginations for naming them.

With MythTV 0.22 now updated into LinuxMCE, I believe it it has its own scripts for grabbing data from <themoviedb.org> and <thetvdb.org> now, doesn't it?  Though if I understand correctly, this one integrates into Mythweb, so that's a good thing.

Just a couple thoughts.

-SilkBC

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2010, 07:38:41 pm »
Ok, so id love to put in a trac ticket and get this in so,

If in your responses, you could list bugs, but not necessarily improvements or new features so i can see what needs to be fixed for functionality and what should be added to make it more versatile.

Thanks, and I have not abandonded this, just been trying to beat c++ and Qt concepts into my head for the last few weeks.

Cheers
Golgoj4
Linuxmce - Where everyone is never wrong, but we are always behind xbmc in the media / ui department.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2010, 06:11:59 am »
Hi golgoj4,

Tested latest (after reinstalled 0810 beta - using en).

Only problem I seem to have is the Media sub-type: doesn't get set.

Example: Series - Rome, filename - S01xE01. THE STOLEN EAGLE.avi

All other attributes set correctly...

EDIT: As discussed in IRC - I think this happens because the Media sub-type gets dropped it the File Format isn't set (happens to me on all media).

I know you don't want nor need feature requests but maybe an option to let the user select which file format should be applied...then batch them all to prevent the Media sub-type from getting dropped...

Thanks again :-)

Cheers,
WR.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 06:18:26 am by wombiroller »

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2010, 01:35:36 pm »
odd - today I can't get this to work at all. error on single file attampts:
Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=boston legal ) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! <html>  in /var/www/lmce-admin/operations/mediaBrowser/searchTVDB.php on line 35
error on directory attempts:
Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=boston legal) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! <html>  in /var/www/lmce-admin/operations/mediaBrowser/searchTVDB.php on line 119
I tried re-adding the 0810 files just in case something went wrong but no change... Any ideas?

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 02:57:10 am »
odd - today I can't get this to work at all. error on single file attampts:
Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=boston legal ) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! <html>  in /var/www/lmce-admin/operations/mediaBrowser/searchTVDB.php on line 35
error on directory attempts:
Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=boston legal) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! <html>  in /var/www/lmce-admin/operations/mediaBrowser/searchTVDB.php on line 119
I tried re-adding the 0810 files just in case something went wrong but no change... Any ideas?

I believe thetvdb changed something in their api. this was brought to my attention a few days ago and the fix should be added later today along with support for setting the resolution.

Images for performers is a different story and im looking into creating a 'character' attribute or something to uniquely link them..any ways, ill post when its been upped.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 10:16:26 am »
upped :)
-can now set the file quality options
-updated api interface
-i am very sleepy

Also, you may notice actor images in single file mode. Im testing adding them to the db in some fashion but in the mean time i left it in, but they dont get added yet.

-golgoj4

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 02:33:24 pm »
-updated api interface
-i am very sleepy

Also, you may notice actor images in single file mode. Im testing adding them to the db in some fashion but in the mean time i left it in, but they dont get added yet.

-golgoj4
golgoj4 - awesome stuff.

Patch works for both directory and single.

The new batch option to set the file format also works. Tested override, single file and directory with different options selected. All good! Makes a big difference IMO.

The Media sub-type (TV Shows) also seem to be sticking now...

Kudos!

WR.

EDIT: The single file actor images are pretty neat. Wonder how that could be used. I guess something like adding pics near performer names (in view attributes within the UI) would probably be overkill. Still looks cool in the web admin ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 02:43:26 pm by wombiroller »

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 07:01:13 pm »
-updated api interface
-i am very sleepy

-golgoj4
golgoj4 - awesome stuff.

Patch works for both directory and single.

The new batch option to set the file format also works. Tested override, single file and directory with different options selected. All good! Makes a big difference IMO.

The Media sub-type (TV Shows) also seem to be sticking now...

Kudos!

WR.

EDIT: The single file actor images are pretty neat. Wonder how that could be used. I guess something like adding pics near performer names (in view attributes within the UI) would probably be overkill. Still looks cool in the web admin ;)

yeah im currently contemplating the best way to make use of the information.
Some things ive noticed:
-If you tag an episode, all of the performers in that episode will get the episode screen shot.
-Everytime you run the tvdb script, it would add another (the same) actor image. So i need a method of making them unique
-You have to delete the existing screenshot to get the proper one to show.  Note, deleting the screenie associated with the actor doesnt remove the on for the episode, just its association to that performer.

so with all of that in mind, im pondering how important the images are. Does anyone even use 'performer' as a filter. I would like to provide as much data as possible, but i just need to work out a decent method to add it and make it usefull.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Need testers - updated 4-14
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2010, 10:28:33 am »
Images broken again  ???

Assuming TVDB have gone and changed their API again?

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2010, 04:40:53 pm »
Images broken again  ???

Assuming TVDB have gone and changed their API again?

urgh...yes. and no email notification :X. Just tested it and it still get the image if you complete it, but ill need to update the code. Ill post back when its done.

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2010, 07:28:35 pm »
ok so after some research on the site, turns out i was doing it wrong  ;D They dont allow the way I was serving the images. Im supposed to dl all of them and serve them locally. This is a lot of data...so im more than likely going to 86 the images so people arent downloading a bunch of stuff which may or may not be used. We'll see. In the meantime, it will work sans images but i still will grab the episode image because I used a different method to grab that one.

ill update it as i figure out how i want to handle it. I would prefer to use the images it downloads but i dont want to download useless info and waste bandwidth.

golgoj4

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2010, 05:28:28 pm »
I'm just curious...have you found a way to get it working again?

golgoj4

• hrumpf!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Website
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2010, 06:10:10 pm »
I'm just curious...have you found a way to get it working again?

I have, its just a matter of doing it in the least sloppy way possible. Been working on it, but recently got a production job so trying to code while im supposed to be recording sound has been difficult.

Soon though...my main hang up atm is handling temporary storage of the images.

-golgoj4