Author Topic: Squeezebox receiver + amp  (Read 3031 times)

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Squeezebox receiver + amp
« on: April 18, 2011, 05:29:38 am »
Bought a squeezebox receiver, but this device does not amplify the sound.
So between the receiver and two or maybe four loudspeakers I want to put an amp.
I have googled a bit, and found several cheap car amps, and T-amps, because cheap is the target.
But maybe you can guide me to a different approach or you have good/bad experience with the one or the other.
It would be nice if I could control the amp via the core, because 2  loudspeakers will be in entertainment zone 1 and the other in zone 2.

If I cannot control the amp via core, I need to buy another squeezebox receiver, with amp.

Small and cheap, I am not an audiophiliac, just nice sound, for two rooms that are 30m2. The loudspeakers are Bose units.

Addition.
The general idea is to intregrate the speakers into a wall/ceiling so you see as little as possible, but you have the power of logitech/linuxmce behind it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:38:58 am by bongowongo »

klovell

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Squeezebox receiver + amp
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 09:23:15 pm »
Bought a squeezebox receiver, but this device does not amplify the sound.
So between the receiver and two or maybe four loudspeakers I want to put an amp.
I have googled a bit, and found several cheap car amps, and T-amps, because cheap is the target.
But maybe you can guide me to a different approach or you have good/bad experience with the one or the other.
It would be nice if I could control the amp via the core, because 2  loudspeakers will be in entertainment zone 1 and the other in zone 2.

If I cannot control the amp via core, I need to buy another squeezebox receiver, with amp.

Small and cheap, I am not an audiophiliac, just nice sound, for two rooms that are 30m2. The loudspeakers are Bose units.

Addition.
The general idea is to intregrate the speakers into a wall/ceiling so you see as little as possible, but you have the power of logitech/linuxmce behind it.

I'm planning on getting a few of these once I'm ready to extend LMCE into my bathrooms and Foyer areas.  May even get some for the Bedrooms for the out of the way look you're talking about.  http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-2-Channel-Bridgeable-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1303240277&sr=8-5

1. Cheap
2. 100W Stereo, 150W Mono
3. AUTO ON/OFF!! <-- That sealed it for me.

I personally wouldn't use these for my home theater but any other room in the house is acceptable for me. 

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Squeezebox receiver + amp
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:59:18 pm »
Yes, of course not for home cinema.
It is indeed very cheap, but to big, I think.