Author Topic: How do I change / increase partition sizes?  (Read 3227 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
How do I change / increase partition sizes?
« on: October 05, 2006, 07:11:49 am »
I just set up my pluto system and went through the setup where pluto automatically created partition, some most of my harddrive space was alredy used as windows partitions, how do i delete these windows partitions to increase my media storage space?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
How do I change / increase partition sizes?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 11:01:43 am »
You can use Windows native tool or some third part tool like Partition magic. But be careful. If you have  Windows and Linux installed on one hard drive you shouldn't touch a primary one where loader is placed.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Same Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 10:36:16 pm »
I had the same problem. I loaded the core software on one of my other pc's cause I can't afford anything high end right now. I only had a 20gb harddrive. I used the default partitions that the setup decided to use. it gave 18gb to root and only 500mb to the home directory. I was preterbed to see the errors that disk was full and that some of my services were not running. So I tried to use Partition magic but it gave me an error that the disk was partitioned in an incomplatible format and that I needed to backup all my data and repartion with PTmagic in order to keep everything.

Instead I just reinstalled the whole core since I wasn't to far in. Hope you can get by with out reinstaliling and if you do how did you?