Author Topic: Aeon Labs Z-Stick and Security  (Read 6611 times)

gsherwin

• View Profile
Aeon Labs Z-Stick and Security
« on: February 06, 2010, 03:57:10 pm »
I am just starting out with LMCE and love everything I see.  My current setup includes a core and a WebDT 366.  I'm starting small and adding in pieces slowly.  My focus is home security, then telecom, then A/V.

I seem to be stuck with getting security sensors to work.  I have a webcam attached to the core and MOTION running and it picks up motion and fires off security events with no problem, working great.  The issues start with the Z-Wave devices I have.  I have an Aeon Labs Z-Stick, a Hawking Tech HRDS1 wireless door/window sensor, and a Hawking Tech HRMD1 Wireless Motion Detector.  I can add the sensors to the Z-Stick (pushing the the blue button and everything) and after plugging the stick into the core they show up under the Z-Wave interface.  Both devices show as Motion Detectors.

I can not make the sensors fire any Security events.  What I've seen from the webcam is that when motion is detected there, it fires the security event and I have to enter a pin number on an orbiter.  I can not make the wireless Z-Wave sensors do that.

I have scoured the Wiki and the forums and can not seen to find what I'm missing.  My first phase with LMCE is security so I'm stalled out on further implementation.

Thanks

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
Re: Aeon Labs Z-Stick and Security
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 10:00:22 am »
you need to do the proper associations on the Z-Wave side. Sure, the Aeon stick saves you a bit of money when you don't want to buy a remote. But you need to do a few things manually without SIS mode.

br Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

gsherwin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:37:06 am »
I see the node ID of the PIR (node 3) and Door Sensor (node 2) in the web interface.  I'm assuming it is listed as Port/Chanel Number?  What am I supposed to be associating the sensors with?  Also, what group should they be associated with?

I am not using any other Z-Wave devices, just the Z-Stick.  My only goal with Z-Wave at the moment is to pick up an intruder and alert the Orbiters.

Thanks for your help.

stallione

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 04:06:07 am »
I have the exact same problem, were you able to resolve it? (associating the door/window sensors to the Aeon USB device)

gsherwin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 01:38:16 pm »
No I have not been able to resolve it.  I tried every combination of parameters in the Set Association command but nothing worked.  I even dump my 7.10 installation and tried upgrading to 8.10, but no success.  I had so many other problems with the 8.10 install that I have gone back to 7.10 and it sits there idle until I can get this resolved.

After the fresh install of 7.10, I have my USB stick showing as node 1 and my door sensor (named automatically as Motion Detector 2 bny LMCE) as node 2.  Is there anyone that would be able to provide some guidance?  Screenshots walking through the process would be mush appreciated too.

I am very excited about the LMCE system, but until I can get this door sensor to work, it sits useless.

stallione

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 06:34:52 pm »
Mine is working now. the problem turned out to be the fact that the motion sensors were too far off from the Aeon USB stick and were not able to transmit/receive the signals. All I did was to use a usb extension cable to connect the device and all of my door/window sensors started to fire events when I open/close them.

I cleared the config and re added the devices and did a download config. No need to do any association; that's what the stick does IMO when you press the blue key and associate the sensors to it

gsherwin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 07:41:16 pm »
This sounds promising.  I'm not sure if this is my issue though.  I'm "bench testing" these so the sensor and stick are right next to each other.  I have been able to use Z-Tools and actually see the values being transmitted back through the stick so I konw I have good reception.

What release of LMCE are you using?  I'm on 7.10 right now.  Do I need to get the new driver that Hari has out there or should that have been included with the 7.10 version I downloaded about 1 1/2 months ago?

stallione

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 10:49:52 pm »
I am running latest 8 beta.

gsherwin

• View Profile
Re: Aeon Labs Z-Stick and Security [SOLVED]
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 07:42:21 pm »
After several resets of devices and the usb stick and trying them one at a time, I was finally able to get the first motion sensor working by doing a Set Association Command.  Node was 2 (the motion detector), Group was 1, and List of Nodes was 1 (the USB stick).  After getting it to work, I added the door sensor to the stick, did the Set Association for it, this time Node was 3 (the door sensor node) and things started firing that as well.

Everything is working perfectly so time to start deploying it throughout the house.

Many thanks to all who replied to this and my other posts, this system is awesome.

valent

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • /kernel_reloaded/
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 11:41:23 pm »
Mine is working now. the problem turned out to be the fact that the motion sensors were too far off from the Aeon USB stick and were not able to transmit/receive the signals. All I did was to use a usb extension cable to connect the device and all of my door/window sensors started to fire events when I open/close them.

I cleared the config and re added the devices and did a download config. No need to do any association; that's what the stick does IMO when you press the blue key and associate the sensors to it

Could you explain how you managed to get motion sensors working with Aeon Labs ZWave stick?

Thank you in advance!
LinuxMCE - If it was easy, everybody would be doing it!!
My setup - http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Valent