Author Topic: KDE Integration  (Read 3985 times)

david_a_dawson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
KDE Integration
« on: February 04, 2010, 12:57:31 pm »
Way back when, there was a lot of talk and a little publicity about LinuxMCE somehow becoming integrated into KDE.  I can see that this hasn't been pushed much since. 
Does anyone remember what the plan/ reasoning was behind the ideas?  Is it still valid in some way?

Should we try to resurrect it?

Cheers,

David.

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: KDE Integration
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 02:13:14 pm »
I've approached the KDE developers (mainly about a separate topic) and they look at LinuxMCE as just needing KDE for a desktop and not necessarily being fully "integrated" with KDE (meaning we could use any other desktop). What were your thoughts on this?

david_a_dawson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: KDE Integration
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 08:56:12 pm »
I've approached the KDE developers (mainly about a separate topic) and they look at LinuxMCE as just needing KDE for a desktop and not necessarily being fully "integrated" with KDE (meaning we could use any other desktop). What were your thoughts on this?

No particular thoughts to be honest.  I was reading over some of the older posts and press releases (mainly by paul webber), and they seemed to be hinting at a closer cooperation.  I was wondering if any thoughts had been had about any technical integrations beyond using the kde desktop blob.

I like kde as a user, and know some of the technologies they have developed for kde4, not sure if any of them are of any use for linuxmce, but it would be good to leverage the fact that they are installed (at present) under linuxmce (thinking kparts, akonadi, phonon et al).

Meh, I know there isn't the resource at the moment.  Only an idle curiosity.