Author Topic: House Mode  (Read 8328 times)

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: House Mode
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 10:54:58 pm »
Regarding the Time of Day issue I have don a lot of testing, but the only thing I can test against is DAY and NIGHT so this does not help much.

Yes - I've looked at this before.  Those are the only two values accepted by that rule, and I believe it's even case sensitive.  You can find it in the code, I forget where, but I remember it is obvious.

There is no way to make rules that say things like "if it is before sunrise" or "if it is before 8am" - I looked pretty hard over the summer.  I wanted my projector to automatically adjust the light level based on sunrise and sunset.  The DAY/NIGHT worked ok, but only supplied 2 light-level modes when I wanted 3 or 4.  I triggered on "Watching Media", which was ok so long as you didn't watch a long movie that started when it was light out, and finished after it was dark.  Now the projector is in a basement, so I don't care as much :).

It seems like you're getting pretty deep into the rules.  It would be great if you put some of your knowledge into Wiki pages.  I don't remember there being much documentation on this stuff, and it is ridiculously powerful if you can figure it out... problem is, that takes a lot of code reading right now.

apagg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 11:03:06 am »
House mode and Time of day is now fixed a big thanks to sambuca:) I have created a wiki page to list valid parameters  it is not complete but all parameters  are tested.

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Event_criteria

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 05:05:02 pm »
Much better... Thank you both, keep it up!