Author Topic: Foxconn NetBox-nT330i as MediaDirector  (Read 40834 times)

daci92

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Foxconn NetBox-nT330i as MediaDirector
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 08:58:32 am »
Can u help me ,did u fixed the problem ,is is PXE Boot possible now ?????
I went tru the steps written on this page but i'm not sure if i should get some output after using /usr/pluto/bin/Diskless_BuildDefaultImage.sh again.
I dont have this PC yet but i think i will have one in the next few days if u can help me i would be very grateful

daci92

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2011, 05:23:02 pm »
i've did everything like it was described there ,i managed to get once to configuring what will be used for ,and after that my core disconnected by it self .Waited for i while and it reconnected again ,the nT330 connected and finally i got screen from MCE but from Orbiter .... Why is like that ????
What to do ??....
i'm freaking all day because of this problem..
People told me million times to go to irc but i cant so please dont tell me that coz i really cant i'm behind proxy mIRC doesn't work ,ports blocked , online Mebbit disconnects even before it connects

joerod

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2011, 07:50:25 pm »
try to get on IRC with this:
http://webchat.freenode.net/

daci92

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2011, 04:14:46 pm »
Reinstalled core with snapshot  23946 doesnt pxe nt330
it doesnt announce to the core at all
last three lines which are shown on the md are :
ipconfig: nodevices to configure
/init: .: line 1: can't open /tmp/net-eth0.conf
[  5.584664] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

The most weird thing is that /tmp/net-eth0.conf doesn't exist at all , someone who can help me ?

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2011, 11:22:47 pm »
Anybody feel free to correct me if I am wrong, from my limited knowledge I believe 1004 will support PXE boot of the Foxconn though it is not supported in any 810 snapshots so you will need to go through the whole exercise of adding support for this NIC and then make an image of your system like I did so you don't have to go through the same pain every time............I have left the Foxconn on the back of the plasma turned off until I see a final release in 1004 as I find it too painful to keep testing snapshots only to find something else is broken.

I have a snapshot from Feb last year that I use and so occasionally I will do an update and upgrade to get the new features but sometimes it screws the core so I just revert to my original image and do a restore in 6 mins and everything is back up and running. I have to say I did an update and upgrade to the core and md last week and everything is working great even Asterisk so I intend to make an image of this and that way I don't have to re download 650mb or more of updates

Cheers
Beeker

daci92

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2011, 02:07:39 pm »
Anybody feel free to correct me if I am wrong, from my limited knowledge I believe 1004 will support PXE boot of the Foxconn though it is not supported in any 810 snapshots so you will need to go through the whole exercise of adding support for this NIC and then make an image of your system like I did so you don't have to go through the same pain every time............I have left the Foxconn on the back of the plasma turned off until I see a final release in 1004 as I find it too painful to keep testing snapshots only to find something else is broken.

I have a snapshot from Feb last year that I use and so occasionally I will do an update and upgrade to get the new features but sometimes it screws the core so I just revert to my original image and do a restore in 6 mins and everything is back up and running. I have to say I did an update and upgrade to the core and md last week and everything is working great even Asterisk so I intend to make an image of this and that way I don't have to re download 650mb or more of updates

Cheers
Beeker
Hey Beeker as i got it ,it will be supported but it will be not in the Diskless ,you should do it alone again.
I have added drivers like it should ,that's the pain ,new snapshot ,old snap shot ,idk which snapshot i got now ,but i got kernel panic again....1004 is still in development and i don't wanna screw my self tryin to get it right ,even idk how to install it ...
Can u tell me which snapshot do u use on your system ?

Thanks,
Daci92

daci92

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2011, 02:39:31 pm »
Someone tested Foxconn nT330i on 1004 like MD ?

I did but with no success ....  ???  :(

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 02:47:12 pm »
Not yet, I have 3 foxconns at home though my only testing at this point is on VMs for the installation process and weeding out issues there. I can certainly let you know as soon as I complete the VM testing and move to physical hardware, though that won't happen until many corrections are in place for the install process (which may be the reason why you're having issues).

daci92

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 03:58:46 pm »
Not yet, I have 3 foxconns at home though my only testing at this point is on VMs for the installation process and weeding out issues there. I can certainly let you know as soon as I complete the VM testing and move to physical hardware, though that won't happen until many corrections are in place for the install process (which may be the reason why you're having issues).
i managed to get to the a/v wizard but after configuring the a/v i dont get setup configuration (with sarah) it just try to get into orbiter but with no success so i cannot locate the problem i did the last update on 1004 and recreated TBZ so i'm creating new MD atm and we will see what happens but i guess it will remain on the same spot

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 08:11:40 pm »
There's one open issue with 1004 that will be corrected when we go GA with 810 around sarah not showing up in the video when ui2 with alpha is chosen:
http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/1211

The fix in the ticket works, so once 810 goes GA the fix will be rolled into the code and it should 'just work'.

daci92

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 08:20:00 am »
There's one open issue with 1004 that will be corrected when we go GA with 810 around sarah not showing up in the video when ui2 with alpha is chosen:

The fix in the ticket works, so once 810 goes GA the fix will be rolled into the code and it should 'just work'.
i know about this problem if u remember i was the one discussing with TSCHAK on irc :)

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2011, 01:56:25 pm »
I don't, but thank you for remding me! :)

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2011, 02:25:42 pm »

This also affects general video playback in Ubuntu 10.10 as we see it in Dianemo 10.10 too - if you config an MM with alpha blending on it will not play video. As we never recommend alpha blending to our installers we have never investigated it to figure out a fix though.

By the way we do have Atheros support in Dianemo S10.10. If anyone has an Ion/Atom based machine that will not pxe boot under Dianemo S10.10 we will add the driver (if one is available) to our diskless image for you - just let us know.

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

Murdock

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2011, 05:59:38 pm »
FYI - the ui2 video issue with alpha blending issue on 1004 has been corrected and posde is updating the repos so a config update should be available in a few hours.

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2011, 08:43:03 pm »
It sounds like this unit is 100% functional after installing the Atheros NIC driver, setting the nomsi kernel option, and enabling WOL in the BIOS.  Can someone who owns one confirm that?  There were some HD playback issues mentioned previously, and I don't see a definitive resolution to those in this thread.

Also, how loud is the fan in this thing?