Author Topic: Introduction and thank you...  (Read 2305 times)

MDH1966

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Introduction and thank you...
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:33:48 pm »
Hello all,
My name is Michael, I got a nickel…  I don’t have an issue (really? my wife would disagree), at least not one that I will be addressing in this post.  I just wanted to introduce myself.  I am new to Linux/LMCE/MythTV.  The bug hit me when I was introduced to FreeNAS about a year ago.  A couple of months ago I started playing with MythTV which led me to LinuxMCE.  I haven’t been successful in getting LMCE going yet but I am hopeful 0810 will be my solution.  I am interested in employing this at work as we have a need for media playback and we need it simple to operate.  Right now we are setting up the projector, plug in the DVD player, dropping the screen, dim the lights, unmute the mixing board, and press play.  For this to really work for us, I need to control DMX from the computer.  That would make it useful for the entertainment industry.  I have a friend that has also become interested in Linux MCE.  He has a website, http://www.jm-pages.com/joomla/ , in which he helps people with their computer and other electronic issues.  I don’t post this as an advertisement but more of a resource for any and all.  He may be interested in development of whatever or helping with website issues.  You can contact him through his website.
I also want to take a minute to thank everyone that has helped me without even knowing it.  I search these forums frequently and I try to learn from what everyone else has done.
Thanks,
M
PS. This is the first time I have ever posted to a forum.