Author Topic: 0810 beta2 install problem - orbiter, avwizard and xine-player broken packages  (Read 13445 times)

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
is the pluto-voicemail-monitor needed? i will integrate with a spa-3102 and pap2t-na....

Probably yes. But the dependency is on zaptel-modules, which is probably not needed unless you are using a USB or PCI  PSTN adapter (unlikely).

I am still struggling to install pluto-asterisk without this zaptel-modules...

ddyck

• View Profile
Hya,
thx! worked after changing the mirror.
Went til the end, with one error:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  pluto-asterisk: Depends: pluto-voicemail-monitor but it is not going to be installed
                  PreDepends: asterisk-pluto but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Just got to that point in the install and got the same error. I'm surprised it kept going beyond that though.

Question...should I run the post-install.sh script before trying to get this fixed??

Dave

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I just found that the copy of zaptel-modules on
Code: [Select]
http://deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/beta2/binary-i386/zaptel-modules-2.6.27-16-generic_1.4.11~dfsg-2+2.6.27-16.44_i386.deb is incorrect, it is just a copy of package linux-image-diskless !

The version on release looks better though:
http://deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu/dists/intrepid/release/binary-i386/zaptel-modules-2.6.27-16-generic_1.4.11~dfsg-2+2.6.27-16.44_i386.deb[code]
Once this is fixed in the repository, I expect the installation of pluto-asterisk will go fine[/code]

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
I have filed a ticket for this:
http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/582

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
... and it is now fixed. Thank you!

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
ddyck - you will need to start all over.

caiman - after post-install (even missin the pluto-asterisk), i did reboot and the AVWizard startded and during the initial configuration, i saw that the missing modules where installed.

Best regards.

felpouse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi all,

for the problems related to the title of this post, I've tried to add this in the source.list :

deb.linuxmce.org/ubuntu intrepid release

Retried to make the entire installation and all gone well.

But I don't know if this is the correct way to resolv the problems...

Regards

Luke

ddyck

• View Profile
felpouse - Based on the last few posts, I think the repos have been fixed and all works well now as per the install instructions on the wiki.  I'm currently re-running the install script, so I'll find out soon. (wow...this takes a long time!)

Dave

felpouse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Hi Dave,
I had finished this afternoon the installation. It's possible that the fix was after my last reinstallation.

Let us know your last try....

Luke

ddyck

• View Profile
As far as I know, everything installed properly using the instructions on the wiki and without changing anything in /etc/apt/sources.list. I can get through the AVWizard, and and everything seems to load afterward.  All my network settings look correct...

However...I can't get beyond that.  I get a progress bar on the bottom of the screen that gets to 98%, and then restarts.  It repeats itself about 20 times and then quits trying.  I have a mouse pointer on the screen and messages are displayed indicating things are installing.  A few things from my logs:
  • pluto.log - indicates launchorbiter (server) was spawned but died
  • 21_launchorbiter.sh.log - cannot register with router  Return code: 1

This new problem appears to be unrelated to the install and my original problem, so if I can't get it resolved I may start a new topic.

Dave

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
As i suggested, start all over again....
It happened to me at least four times... :( and finally i got everything.
Will tonight reinstall all again to be sure.