Author Topic: Could not start ksmserver. Check installation.  (Read 33725 times)

maybeoneday

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Could not start ksmserver. Check installation.
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2010, 09:12:47 pm »
Hi macaroni,

does that mean installations from existing dvd's are not updated/upgraded, ie a net install is the only way to get a system that's  properly updateable/upgradeable ?.........I'm  confused.......not hard I know

regards,
Ian

macaroni

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2010, 10:03:01 pm »
Hi macaroni,

does that mean installations from existing dvd's are not updated/upgraded, ie a net install is the only way to get a system that's  properly updateable/upgradeable ?.........I'm  confused.......not hard I know

regards,
Ian

You can do a dvd install from the link I posted (referred to as snapshot). Apparently the beta 2 dvd, which I think is shown for the installation, isn't updated. So that was where I got confused. I didn't know there were two dvd installations.

vkangin

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2010, 02:23:40 pm »
Can you provide your IP to troubleshoot the download speed? Logically ATT & Level(3) should have a good connection whilst you experience is slow

As soon as it downloads I will try it (the download is very slow 100 - 125KBs)

macaroni

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2010, 02:29:11 pm »
I rather not not post my ip address. Besides I have conferred with possy and it has been reported. My dsl is running well beside the up / download connection is working as expected. I have dd-wrt loaded on my router and I see 6Mbs download speed often.

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2010, 08:10:36 pm »
macaroni,

vkangin provides the server space, hence his question. Maybe you can post a PM to him about your IP address, so he can verify the logs.