Author Topic: Potential New user - Questions.  (Read 2904 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Potential New user - Questions.
« on: October 01, 2006, 01:47:23 am »
Currently im building / running my HA on Homeseer and MainLobby for the front end. thus far ive gotten far with my system and it is doing Ok.. EXCEPT! for the fact the core of it all runs under windows XP. XP just hasnt been super stable for me with all the serial devices and various programs running on the system...  In the past Ive Looked at Misterhouse but it seemed a little more "codey" than I wanted...  im not opposed to scripting or writing code.. however I dont know a line of C,C++.. I was brought up on BASIC and then VB.. so alas I can write but not necesarily in the lagauges...

someone at the OhioLinux Fest today brought up the idea of Pluto.. ive been reading all afternoon and am wondering whether to delve in or not..  I see the compatibility list of hardware but yet some say things on that lst dont work... anyway here goes some very lame questions but I hope someone will help answer...

1] has anyone come up with support for the NX-8E?

2] has anyone come up with ADI Ocelot support?

3] my Climate is a multizone RCS-ZCV4 controller..  it is serial, I know the protocol well as ive written VB code for it before.. I see there is a GSD..  ive not even looked at this itelf but will it support more than one T-stat per comm port.. meaning my home has 3 zones.. each zone is treated like a separate T-stat... to set the bedroom temperature to 70 I would send A=1 O=1 SPH=70 to the controller..  to set the living room to 75 Id send to the controller A=2 O=1 SPH=75. the Tstat also needs to be wueried and have feedback sent from it..  its messages look similar to above..  will GSD support this type of thing?

4] My touch screens are ViewSOnic Airpanel devices.. these are smart displays and require an RDP session to a windows server to operate.. alas I will continue to run and maintain a windows server 2003 R2 as it is stable enough for a UI.  will the orbiter run in multiple instances on multiple userspaces such as terminal services sessions?

5] is the DS9097u supported for 1 wire devices?

6] is the W800 by WGL designs supported for use of X10 security motion sensors (MS-10a) and RF remnoted.. sch as the X10 palmpads and eagle eye motion sensors..

7] is DHCP required to be active? I have all my PC's configured on static IP's and my IP phones are on their own VLAN with QoS for voice calls.

8] my asterisk Server is on a separate machine running astlinux can it still integrate to Pluto (possibly via the Asterisk management interface?

I realize this is a lot of questions but before I go out and buy a new PC and load the core id like to have an idea of whether this has a reasonable shot at doing what I need it to do..
-Christopher

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Potential New user - Questions.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:26:16 pm »
Instead of buying a new machine, you could always buy a hard drive enclosure plus a spare case and hard drive and just swap them out.