Author Topic: Does anybody have TPG VOIP in Australia working with 810 b2  (Read 3999 times)

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Does anybody have TPG VOIP in Australia working with 810 b2
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:08:07 am »
Hoping some has some thoughts, I was using Pennytel temporarily for my VOIP until I could sort out a deal with TPG here in Oz and I must say the plan is not to bad 500mins free VOIP per month but they get you, as the min call is 10min. After you have used up your 500mins then you get charged 10c a call so overall it's not a bad deal. The only downside is that unless you buy there Dynalink ADSL Modem with VOIP then they offer very limited help, though they have sent me the following settings and I have put in the appropriate settings in the phone line config in the web admin page using aphone6.tpg.com.au as the host and the screen says Request Sent but it never registers...........by the way I have a Dynalink 502T which worked fine with Pennytel VOIP and I have ordered a Linksys ATA adapter to connect up our analogue phones ....does anybody have any ideas

Here are the VOIP settings you requested:
    Interface Name: pppoe_8_35_1
    SIP Transport Protocol: UDP   Port: 5060
    VoIP Service Provider: Others
    SIP Registrar Address, SIP Outbound Proxy and SIP Proxy Server Address: aphone6.tpg.com.au
    Ports: all on 5060
    Phone Number and Username: xxxxxxxx
    Password: your TPG password

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 07:11:12 am by Beeker »

darrenmason

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: VOIP with TPG
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:54:11 am »
Beeker,

You might have better luck searching the whirlpool forums for TPG and Asterisk settings.

Regards
Darren

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 07:29:27 pm »
Hi Darren,
Thanks was up all night on the whirlpool forums lots of valuable info, have tried pinging all of TPG's sip registration servers no luck. Will keep reading and researching as TPG are not going to help unless I buy there equipment. I am sure it must be something to do with the host name as it comes up firstly as "not registered" then comes back as "request sent" which I have not seen before so I am not sure why, I left it for over 24hrs to see if the status would change but no luck the same thing is still there in the web admin screen "Request Sent"

Regards
Beeker   

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 03:26:01 am »
Bit of a long shot but I was having this problem when I was using the wrong username with Internode (I assumed my VoIP username was the same as the ADSL but it turns out it was the phone number in standard STD Format (e.g. 039000000)...

Might be worth confirming what you should be using - even get the password reset?

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 07:01:45 am »
Thanks for the tip.........Tried both suggestions still no luck.

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Does anybody have TPG VOIP in Australia working with 810 b2
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 07:10:37 am »
As per my previous posts I can get other VOIP providers working with my existing hardware setup but not TPG, if anybody has any suggestions as to why I cannot get TPG's SIP to register I would appreciate it.