Thanks Mythified I will give that I try.............would you mind clarifying a couple more things for me as I will have to add a 3rd MD soon
1. So if I am watching one channel on a MD in the family room then in theory I should be able to watch a different channel on MD in the Bedroom
2. I assuming then both should be able to be recorded at the same time
3. If so what happens if the kids then start up a 3rd MD in the bedroom and want to watch TV do they just get a msg that TV is "not available" until the tuners become available or I assume they could stop the recordings and start watching live TV.
4. Most important question so I can better understand the architecture of the system can more than 2 x MD directors use the one HD Homerun at the same time or am I going to have to buy more, as I would like to be able to at least record one program whilst watching another on the Family room MD whilst the kids are watching live TV in there room
5. Lastly if I am at work and the family are currently watching two different channels on different MD's and I want to use Mythweb to record my favorite show at the same time can I select that program and start recording it, or do I have to set some priority within mythtv or is someone at home watching there channel suddenly going to see my channel whilst it is recording.
GOOD questions Beeker... I am a newbie (trying to get pasted this) and would like to know the answer to these questions too. I have ordered a HD Homerun from Newegg and should have it here Friday.
I have been reading through the Wiki... good stuff! This video is awesome if you have not yet seen it:http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Video
Thanks to all!