Author Topic: Unable to install MD  (Read 4589 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Unable to install MD
« on: October 06, 2006, 08:38:05 pm »
I went through the wizard to add a MD device. After selecting manufacturer, device catagory and choose "generic PC as MD", I clicked the close button. Then, I was sent back to the add device page. Nothing happens. I do a quick reload router and even reboot the CORE. Nothing happens. Can someone offer a help? Thank you.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to install MD
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 10:55:02 am »
Quote from: "yugido"
I went through the wizard to add a MD device. After selecting manufacturer, device catagory and choose "generic PC as MD", I clicked the close button. Then, I was sent back to the add device page. Nothing happens. I do a quick reload router and even reboot the CORE. Nothing happens. Can someone offer a help? Thank you.

Before closing you should press the button 'View Template' or similar (near dropdown list with devices). After that MD will be added and window will be closed.
Moreover, in the .40 MD is PnP. So, you shouldn't do this manual installation. But in my case, I couldn't setup MD as PnP.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Unable to install MD
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 09:56:02 pm »
Thank you, Michael. Why do you say .40 MD is PnP? I thought you always had to tell the CORE about device's MAC address and specify the category of the device. I use wizard to add device and use "Advanced" menu option to configure the MD. I was not able to configure MD by doing through wizard. Each time, I click Onscreen orbiter option. The admin web site will run into an error.  It will be great if Pluto system can do PnP without me to manually create anything.

Jeff

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PnP MediaDirector
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 09:29:22 pm »
Hi,

i guess it would be to dangerous to have this kind of function;
imagine you have you security system and sensors implemented in pluto,
some housebreaker just need to get contact within you wireless area and to boot their notebook to get access and to manipulate your system to
get access.....

Some "second confirmations" of new hardware or control interfaces is in my
opinion very important.

Best regards  

Eddie

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Unable to install MD
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:18:38 am »
Quote from: "yugido"
Thank you, Michael. Why do you say .40 MD is PnP? I thought you always had to tell the CORE about device's MAC address and specify the category of the device. I use wizard to add device and use "Advanced" menu option to configure the MD. I was not able to configure MD by doing through wizard. Each time, I click Onscreen orbiter option. The admin web site will run into an error.  It will be great if Pluto system can do PnP without me to manually create anything.

Jeff

Since .40 (I think) Pluto has supported PnP adding of MD's or Orbiters. So I would suggest that you delete any manually added machines and then just power up the machines you want to add (with network pxe boot turned on in their bios's) and follow the prompts to add them.

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Unable to install MD
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2006, 09:04:15 am »
Quote from: "totallymaxed"

Since .40 (I think) Pluto has supported PnP adding of MD's or Orbiters. So I would suggest that you delete any manually added machines and then just power up the machines you want to add (with network pxe boot turned on in their bios's) and follow the prompts to add them.
Andrew

I couldn't add MD as PnP. I always add it manually. Now I have 2.0.0.42 installation and I'd like to find why my MDs are not detected by Pluto. I see some messages in the PlutoDHCP.log but not any in dhcp_pnp.log. Dhcp server runs.

Any ideas how to trace this?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Unable to install MD
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2006, 11:35:32 am »
Quote from: "nite_man"
Quote from: "totallymaxed"

Andrew

I couldn't add MD as PnP. I always add it manually. Now I have 2.0.0.42 installation and I'd like to find why my MDs are not detected by Pluto. I see some messages in the PlutoDHCP.log but not any in dhcp_pnp.log. Dhcp server runs.

Any ideas how to trace this?

I suspect that your  machines have been detected and possibly added but not as MD's by the autodetection scripts. Check the IP address ranges they have auto allocated and see if they fall in the ranges you have set in Web Admin. If the addresses they have been allocated fall out side the IP range you have set for MD's then they will never get added by the PnP scripts. Look in Advanced->Network->Network Settings for the range of IP addresses allocated to 'Pluto Devices'.

Cheers

Andrew