Author Topic: Pronto Codeset for IR devices  (Read 2102 times)

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Pronto Codeset for IR devices
« on: March 24, 2010, 02:45:45 pm »
Hia,
i would like to know how to create a pronto codeset without using and adapting an existing one.
I did create a template for my Yamaha devices, and some pronto codesets were presented, and i adapted one of them for my DSP-A1. For some reson that i not being able to figure, after running setup wizard, the template created got double entries with the wrong codes, i.e. all the work i had in editing the template, cutting and pasting the correct codes, deleting not existing entries for my device and adding others for it, got screwed (it's not the first time it occurs, but i want to make it the last).
So i thing that the best is create a brand new codeset, without using as base an existing one.
Is there a tutorial or wiki in how to create the codeset and associate it to the device template?
TIA,
Paulo
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 05:15:45 pm by pw44 »

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Pronto Codeset for IR devices
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 08:48:36 pm »
Dude, I already told you... use your IR receiver to learn the codes from the device's remote.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Pronto Codeset for IR devices
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 09:52:20 pm »
Yes, i    know that you told me.. and  i did...  the question is older yhan your answer.... which worked like a charm for creating a new template with a new codeset.
There are some problems which i reported on the message regarding av control.
You are my guru for these problems :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:29:04 pm by pw44 »