Author Topic: SOLVED Frustrated phone setup  (Read 4919 times)

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
SOLVED Frustrated phone setup
« on: January 22, 2010, 04:59:53 pm »
Not having much luck lately either I am a complete numb nuts or I am missing something
Can anybody can help with two problems which I believe are related, I have a core/hybrid & 2 x md's. From the core I can make external VOIP calls (only testing at the moment just to see if it rings out will get to the voice part after I fix this problem) but when I try the other md's it just gives me the calling screen and never makes the actual call, I think somehow this is related to the fact that also cant make intercom or direct dial calls from either the core/hybrid to a md or md to md, I see the the call come up on the orbiter but it drops the call almost straight away

I have ssh into the core and done a sip show peers and I can see that the host for one of the md is unspecified but thats about as far as I go

dcerouter*CLI> sip show peers
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Port     Status
pennytel/8889233285        202.85.243.87        N      5060     Unmonitored
203/203                    (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN
200/200                    192.168.80.1     D   N      5061     OK (7 ms)
3 sip peers [Monitored: 1 online, 1 offline Unmonitored: 1 online, 0 offline]

Tearing out what hair I have left
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:35:35 pm by Beeker »

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrated phone setup
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 07:24:13 pm »
hmmm...I also had this issue before. I could not even use the intercom feature.....after making an update around 6 weeks ago, it suddenly worked.
if you go to webadmin->phonelines and activate manual configuration there, you can access freepbx. in the statusscreen you can see how many ip-phones are acually online. Also check under extensions and check if your phones show up there...
lets see what you find there....I trust that you did some updates since you installed your system?

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Frustrated phone setup
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 07:34:48 pm »
thanks for the advice had another 4 coffee's it's the only time to get any testing done been up all night here in Down Under in Oz and I went in and deleted the extensions and the re added them I then checked asterisk and they all now have ip address's and all the md's can call out and funny enough now I can call room to room

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: SOLVED Frustrated phone setup
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 07:39:33 pm »
Maverick
Can you please confirm the correct procedure for keeping everything up to date, there are so many posts I am not sure that I am doing the right thing, so far I have gone to a terminal window in KDE desktop at the core/hybrid and also at each md and typed in apt-get update is this correct or can I do it from a orbiter in advanced where it says force upgrade now

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 07:50:10 pm »
"apt-get update" only refreshes the local list of available packages.  to upgrade everything, use "apt-get dist-upgrade".

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 07:55:43 pm »
i have done that when i did the original install should i still do that on a regular basis at each md and the core

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 07:59:27 pm »
Only if you want to receive updated software!  :P

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 08:00:11 pm »
Do be careful of the MythTV version bug going around right now.  Read the forum posts about it before you update today.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 03:33:19 am »
"apt-get update" only refreshes the local list of available packages.  to upgrade everything, use "apt-get dist-upgrade".

I am no expert but the installation page advises against that:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Installing_0810
Note: You should NOT run apt-get dist-upgrade after the initial install, as it can cause several problems, including having different kernel versions on your core and media directors, and the installation of new Kubuntu packages that can break some features!
(bottom of page)....

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 04:05:34 pm »
This is how I've been getting updates since the alphas.  Unless you want to reinstall (which is going to pull the same packages anyway...), this is the way I would go.  Just be careful - as there is no differentiation between packages that are in a "development" state vs "stable", so you can sometimes pick up the newer issues.