Author Topic: Beta 2 build dated 1-16-2010  (Read 3747 times)

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
Beta 2 build dated 1-16-2010
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:04:53 pm »
Hi all.  I saw in the wiki that a new device had been added, pluto-cm15a.  To me that is great news since I have the cm15a x10 interface.  I decided to do a test install of the above mentioned build to test before actually putting it on the machine I use for lighting control.  I did a network install of lmce.

Two things I noticed, first the AVwizard did not start after the post-install-reboot.  It went from post-install-reboot to the orbiter with the basic ui interface.  This happened on an install I did about a month ago and thought maybe it had to do with the machine I was using but now that this has happened on a second machine maybe there is something going on.  

Second, during the install I plugged my cm15a interface into the computer I was installing lmce on.  It was not found during setup.  After the machine fully rebooted I opened the administrative web page and tried to add it manually and could not find the template to manually create the device.  Is there something special I need to do to make this happen?

Thx
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:21:22 pm by mythtified »

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Beta 2 build dated 1-16-2010
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 09:05:55 pm »
I installed the update a couple more times with the same result.  After the new-installer is run the machine is rebooted and the AVWizard is skipped over.  It goes from reboot to setup wizard with no AVwizard in between.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:49:14 pm by mythtified »

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 01:54:41 pm »
I noticed something with the cm15a devices last night.  It is not being picked up on a new install.  It is being updated in my existing install.  However, after configuring it and removing my original test interface it does not work.  I think that the binary/source is not being downloaded since a log is not being created when the router is reloaded.  In fact, there is no indication that the device is trying to start on a router reload.

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the avwizard being skipped over on a new install on the core?  The avwizard does work on a diskless workstation.

Can anyone confirm a new template for the cm15a in either an existing system that has been updated or a new install?

Is this bug trakker worthy?

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 07:23:36 am »
Come on.  Surely someone has to have an idea as to why the new device template for the cm15a is not being installed on a new install.  Any one?

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 09:34:18 pm »
I don't know why the template for the interface did not install on a new install.  I did an apt-get install pluto-cm15a to install the executable on my machine.  I then created a template that took advantage of the executable.  I made it auto detect the cm15a.  I also had to make sure that data:only one per pc was added otherwise lmce continuously tried to re-detect the interface and add multiple copies. 

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 04:12:56 pm »
Sounds like some bugs... search for tickets or make a new one.

mythtified

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 11:28:46 pm »
Searched the tickets but did not see anything that fit the descriptions.  Before I submitted a ticket I was kind of hoping others would have chimed in confirm what I was seeing.  I will submit the tickets.
Thx