Author Topic: VoIP for Internode AUS - Trunk settings  (Read 3139 times)

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
VoIP for Internode AUS - Trunk settings
« on: January 20, 2010, 11:12:00 am »
Hi All,

Just a quick FYI - I am sure I am doing this wrong, however it took me ages to figure out so perhaps will be useful for others.

I was able to connect to a VoIP service with Internode Aus using these Wiki instructions http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/How_to_properly_add_support_for_SIP_providers

However I couldn't make any outbound calls until I removed the existing Outgoing Dial Rules in the Trunks section Advanced => Configuration => Phone Setup).

It had a bunch of codes that appeared to be US related (I changed the International Settings in General Settings - this didn't appear to do anything).

I now simply have XXXXXXXXXX in the dial rules - this allows me to dial standard 10 digit numbers.

I expect I will need to update this to be able to make international calls, but for now - this is all I need.

Not sure this is the right thing to do so have not noted in the Wiki...

Cheers,
WR.

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: VoIP for Internode AUS - Trunk settings
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 01:17:12 pm »
I have a similar problem. Also try to make some entries in your phonebook. You'll notice in the dialas field, there are also some US-related digits popping up.
For your outgoing rules it would be sufficient to put
X.
This means, you can dial any number. Asterisk also knows automatically if you call an internal number or not.
So any number thats  longer than 3 digits will be outgoing by definition...I don't know however about the emgergency numbers.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 02:06:30 pm »
Thanks maverick0815 - that looks a lot cleaner - I have updated and confirmed it works.

Cheers,
WR.

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 04:01:31 am »
Hi
Great advice and help
Though i still can't get Pennytel Aust to work, it's registered and I believe I have followed your advanced instructions of modifying the outgoing rules but when I dial it just says calling and never connects

Cheers
Beeker

Beeker

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 04:13:48 am »
Hi
Again thanks for the tips, did a router reload and it now works

Cheers
Beeker

Kooma