Author Topic: How does one play a playlist?  (Read 3492 times)

etNHGfU8

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
How does one play a playlist?
« on: January 19, 2010, 12:26:45 am »
I created a playlist from from the admin site to contain a few songs but I'm clueless as to how one gets the list to play.  I figured that there would be something under the Audio section of the UI but I have been unable to find anything and searching hasn't turned up directions either.

I'm running the 810 beta.

I have a bunch of complaints about the user friendliness of the system but since I didn't use the previous released system I don't know if they are related to 810 not being complete or if LinuxMCE just isn't very user friendly.  An example would be adding several Genres to a movie. They have to be specified one at a time instead of being able to select them all at once. So I had to scroll down the screen to get to the add capability, select Genre, scroll back down the screen so that one can be selected and added. Repeat for each Genre that had to be added.

Thanks, Tom

sambuca

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: How does one play a playlist?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:41:39 am »
There should be a playlist option in the same menu as Audio. You should find your playlist there.

As all systems, it may take some time to find out the best way to do stuff in LMCE. And in the media section this may be very obvious, as many compare LMCE to other media centers. But don't let the name fool you, this system is a more a home control solution than a media center, the media section is only a part of it.

However, there are plans to redesign the UI for the next release, so stay tuned.

regards,
sambuca

etNHGfU8

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 01:34:59 am »
It obviously sucks to be me because there is no playlist menu entry to be found. I also created a playlist from the UI as well hoping that it would show up but it didn't although it's available from the admin site.

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 09:56:53 am »
It obviously sucks to be me because there is no playlist menu entry to be found. I also created a playlist from the UI as well hoping that it would show up but it didn't although it's available from the admin site.
Go to the admin page then: Wizard => scenarios => Media Scenarios

You should have a list of options with tick boxes for each MD. Make sure the "Playlists" tickbox is ticked for the MD in question - then do a full orbiter regen...

You should then have the "Playlist" option under the Media section in UI1 & UI2...(its under Media directly - not under Audio as you can have Video and Audio Playlists).

Ths might help a little with navigation. I thought Thom did a good one as well (on media tagging) but I can't find it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J91ZpL0FX6Y&feature=PlayList&p=90667B1106FFFA86&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=10

etNHGfU8

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 01:45:32 pm »
I examined Wizard => Scenarios => Media Scenarios and everything was already checked. I selected Playlists from that page and then pressed the Test button on the following page and sure enough the Playlists showed up on my TV.

I then selected the Sort scenarios button on the Wizard => scenarios => Media Scenarios page and changed the position of the Playlists entry. I then regenerated the orbiter and checked to see if it was available from the UI.  The interesting thing was that there was no Playlists entry but the blank entry had moved. So I selected the blank entry and sure enough it was the Playlists!

So now the question is why isn't the Playlists entry getting its name displayed on the UI?

Thanks for your help.

cht_winston

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 05:27:24 pm »
Only just noticed this entry (sorry been busy supporting Dianemo systems) but for the benefit of anyone else comes across this entry - Just ensure that the 'Private' tick box is unticked as the playlists are created as private by default.

Hope this prevents someone else from losing their hair.  ;)
Convergent Home Technologies Ltd
Personal Core
Asus M2NPV-VM, AMD Athlon 4200+ X2
Integrated C51PV (Nvidia 6150)
3 * 500GB NAS
2 * NIC (Marvell + Intel PCI-E pro 1000)
Hauppauge Nova-T 500
Thermaltake Lanbox Lite case
Nesteq semi-Fanless 45
HomePro Zwave Interface