Author Topic: Can you set flags for events  (Read 1846 times)

tmwillett

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Can you set flags for events
« on: July 20, 2011, 03:45:50 am »
I'm trying to figure out a way to set a flag in the system for events to check status on.  I use X10 lighting devices, and it would be nice to be able to set a flag on events that I want to enable/disable on the fly.  For example, say it's raining and I have an event set to go off each night to water my garden.  I'd like to be able to press a button on my X10 remote to set a flag to disable the event from running.  When the event fires off, the first thing it does is check the flag for status.  If it's on, it won't run.  If it's off, it runs.  When I decide that I want to re-enable it, I just click the button again to clear the flag.  I'm not familiar with the inner workings of LMCE, and I don't know if this capability exists, but I'm assuming it does and I just don't know where to go find it, or what value to set in the event when I build it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

T

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Can you set flags for events
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 07:19:10 am »
Alarms are used for this purpose, simply check the checkbox for the room you want the alarm to appear in, and you can turn it on/off on an orbiter in the Sleeping menu.

-Thom

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Can you set flags for events
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 08:55:37 am »
But remember to quick reload your router after turning on/off alarms from the sleeping menue