Author Topic: Cisco 7960 IP phone issues  (Read 2041 times)

Raul102801

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Cisco 7960 IP phone issues
« on: January 10, 2010, 01:09:45 am »
I successfully moved from 7.10 to 8.10Beta2 and was taking things a little further than I did with 7.10 by installing Ip phones ( I didn't have the patience to get this done on 7.10).
I installed a Grandstream HT286 with an analog phone connected to it. The system recognized it right away and configured everything for me. It assigned me extension 201, I made a call to 200 and was able to answer it. I then callled from 200 to 201 successfully. So far so good. I then decided to attempt to install a Cisco 7960 I had laying around, made the changes on the MAC address range on the web admin site and the system recognized it and asked me if I wanted to use it and what room, after that I did a quick router reboot and restarted the phone. The phone is now showing extension 202 but when I attempt to call 200 or 201 it doesn't connect. I then tried calling from 200 to 202 and the call is dropped with a message saying no route to destination.
Did I forget to do something? I feel like I am half way there which feels good but at the same time is irritating since I have not accomplished this task.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks