Author Topic: 810 Beta2 Mythtv MD Frontend hang.  (Read 3784 times)

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
810 Beta2 Mythtv MD Frontend hang.
« on: December 28, 2009, 04:35:12 pm »
I'm having an issue with watching mythtv on a media director.  On the Core/hybrid system TV tunes fine and can be watched normally.  However, on my network booted media director the TV will play only the channel it is tuned too on start.  When you attempt to change channels mythtv hangs and will not do anything until you quit out.  The frontend log doesn't seem to be catching anything.  I'm not seeing anything out of place in the backend log.  The frontend is set to stream from the backend.  I have try with the setting off and on.  If it is off mythtv fails to successfully start.  Has anyone seen anything like this?

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 810 Beta2 Mythtv MD Frontend hang.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 06:37:38 pm »
If you take off streaming from backend, you have to edit your /etc/fstab on the MD in question and add forcedirectio as a mount option, note sure if this will help you though, see topic below for where to edit:

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=3203.0

I was getting freezing and issues changing channels on my MD and bringing up the guide, but it seemed to be related to the use of VDPAU NORMAL playback setting used, as when I used HIGH QUALITY instead, the issue went away; this is with both a 9400 card and on board 9300 on separate machines, and tested using either auto or specifying vdpau  for the respective MD's. I have not looked at it further since getting it working on a few days back, got caught up in the christmas season with my family.

Hope this is of any help

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 11:15:31 pm »
First off, thank you for responding.  I'll try disabling streaming.  I didn't make the setting on both systems that could be the issue.  However, most posts I ran across seemed to indicate that disabling streaming was a bad idea, However different problems require different solutions.  I'm using a 8600 card, I've set VDPAU for the Media director in the LinuxMCE admin page.  What setting are you referring too?  Is this setting within mythtv itself?  I'd like to look at that as well, as a possible solution.  Please, let me know.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 09:37:36 pm by Enigmus »

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 02:31:51 pm »
The setting for vdpau playback is also within mythtv(after enabling it in the webadmin), but it was not set in my install, by default, I enabled it and then got similar issues you experienced.

Yes it seems that streaming from the backend is the way to go (on a fresh beta2 build, it is now enabled), I indicated the change in the mount option, as if you disable streaming from the backend, you need to change the mount options for the frontend to play the saved file.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 05:55:43 pm »
I'm not seeing a vdpau option in the mythtv Web inferface.  I haven't had time to test teh system with disabled streaming.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:18:40 pm »
I solved my issue.  When I installed the LMCE to begin with I hooked the network connection cable backwards.  Rather then physically changing them I swapped the interfaces in LMCE admin.  I swapped them back today and MythTV live tv is working again.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 11:49:37 am »
I guess I spoke a little too soon.  I created another MD in virtualbox the other day.  It experienced the same issues.  When I swapped the interfaces on the Core functionality was restored, but the Living Room MD is still experiencing the same issue.

Enigmus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 06:08:17 pm »
Still no go on this.  Anyone have any Ideas.