Author Topic: Some devices not installing on creating MD 810 beta2  (Read 2727 times)

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Some devices not installing on creating MD 810 beta2
« on: December 22, 2009, 01:45:17 am »
I created an MD on my 810 beta2 install. At the begining of Sara, I am getting an error that all devices have not started. I finished the setup wizard and investigated, where I found mythtv as on of the devices not installing. On previous attempts, I tried installing mythtv after but to no success, will just error out.

I looked in /var/log/pluto for indications as to why some devices are not installing but did not find anything which clearly states.

I found the following in /usr/pluto/bin/LoadMDModules.sh, which seems to set up the modules for an MD. I was inclined to run this script, in an effort to get all devices configured, will this solve this particular issue?

Also what other measures could I take to correct this?

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Some devices not installing on creating MD 810 beta2
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 11:32:32 pm »
Ok I tried installing mythtv manually, as I was not sure how this script -/usr/pluto/bin/LoadMDModules.sh - will muck things up, I did the following to install mythtv:
Code: [Select]
apt-get install mythtv-backend mythtv-frontend pluto-mythtv-player
I am now getting the error in my another post, when I used the beta2 dvd - Unable to connect to MythTV client
http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=9320.0

What's really funny, the MD I created a prior to this one, is working fine, watching TV on it right now.

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 02:42:42 pm »
All the best for the Christmas and New Year.

I assume I am the only one encountering this issue, which would attest to the lack of response. The remaining devices were created, when I added another machine to be an MD, in the creation of the image step, the faulty MD started running the software install for the questionable devices.

I tested this twice, pulled the hard drive out of the core, put in my backup(clean linuxmce install no MD's), encountered the same issue, which the solution seems to simple add another MD - have an old machine that will take that role.

Any information to lead in resolving this issue will be grateful.

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 01:58:57 am »
Added another MD, used my spare to start the install of the remaining software(myth* packages), which failed, it seems there has been a change in some dependancies:

mythtv-common (= 2:0.22.0-fixes23193-0ubuntu0) but 2:0.23.0~trunk-23168-0ubuntu0 is to be installed.

Fixed that by installing the required 22*fixes, deleted the created MD of the spare, and added it backup again, the software (myth* packages) installed fine on the MD in question.

Have not found it as yet, is there a way to manually kick off the software install(script to run), as adding a new MD seems to do.