Author Topic: Edit configuration, not allowed  (Read 11481 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Edit configuration, not allowed
« on: September 30, 2006, 07:44:52 am »
I am logging into pluto-admin and want to change some settings but when I save the changes I get a message that user is not allowed to change settings.  How do I create a super-user for pluto-admin or does that user already exist?  Root can't login, I can't give myself permission to edit, not sure what to do.  I didn't see a way to setup user permissions when running the wizard.

Thanks,

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Re: Edit configuration, not allowed
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 10:01:10 pm »
Quote from: "scsever"
I am logging into pluto-admin and want to change some settings but when I save the changes I get a message that user is not allowed to change settings.  How do I create a super-user for pluto-admin or does that user already exist?  Root can't login, I can't give myself permission to edit, not sure what to do.  I didn't see a way to setup user permissions when running the wizard.

Thanks,

Hi,

when you create user, you have a tick "Can change configuration" in that page. But sorry, don't remember about Adam (first user after fresh installation)....

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 06:47:47 pm »
Well here's what I found, but I'm not sure how it happened this way.  I had one user that could save configurations, it was my wife, I don't know how that happened as I set each one up the same way.  Looking at the pluti-admin page I could see that she was ticked for editing, so I logged in as her and gave myself permission and saved it.  Logged in as myself and can now save edits.

Thanks,

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 10:53:09 am »
the 1st user that you create is an user that can modify installation, meaning devices and checking the general voicemail. the rest of the users are not allowed to do that. you can edit the user settings and check 'can modify installation' flag using the main account.