Author Topic: 1st bootup and no A/V Wizard...please help!  (Read 2829 times)

csmyth78

• First post!
    • View Profile
1st bootup and no A/V Wizard...please help!
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:35:16 pm »
Hi

I'm kinda new to Linux and decided to install LinuxMCE with the foresight of creating an X10 smart home. Unfortunately I have failed at the first hurdle...

I have searched this forum for a solution but cannot find this problem. I installed Kubuntu 8.10 and ran the "Install LinuxMCE" shortcut on the desktop after I had updated the installation with with apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. Now when I boot up I get, what looks like, the Konsole with no desktop.

Basically, after seeing the Kubuntu loading screen on startup, I have a black screen with the following written on it:
________________________________________________________________________________________
Boot from (hd0,0) ext3 d6962....etc
Starting up ...
Loading, please wait...

Ubuntu 8.10 "home name" tty1

"home name" login:
________________________________________________________________________________________

When I login using the username and password I get the root directory and that's it.

Have I done something wrong, as from what I understand, I should be getting an A/V Wizard starting.

Please help.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 09:50:05 pm by csmyth78 »

epsolon77

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 1st bootup and no A/V Wizard...please help!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 04:01:00 pm »
It sounds like a problem in xorg.conf.  Is this a fresh install?  If so I would just download the linuxmce install dvd and start fresh.  Otherwise post your computers specs so we can check for hardware compatibility issues.

nath0099

• First post!
    • View Profile
Re: 1st bootup and no A/V Wizard...please help!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 06:10:50 am »
Mine done this also
i left it for 15 minutes it rebooted itself again
and then that time it came up with AVWizard
just a idea maybe just turn it on and let it run for a few hours