Author Topic: PadOrbiter: Using mic and audio jack or speakers for telephone communication  (Read 6697 times)

Rukus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Hello All,

I was curious to know if there would be a way to use the WebDT 366 as a telephonic comm device using the PadOrbiter distro. I think it would be pretty handy, and would be a good use of the mic, audio jack, and speakers that it comes with.  Just a thought.

Thanks,

Ernesto
Core/Generic Hybrid MD
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core
GPU: GPU: XFX PVT84GUDF3 GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
it is possible in theory, but will require additional patching of Orbiter, the Telecom Plugin (for routing), and SimplePhone.

Dive in if you want, :)

-Thom

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
I'd like to second this request, not sure what exactly needs to be done or how much work is involved, I know Thom has explained this on the boards before, probably need to do some searching for his previous explanation.

Rukus

• Veteran
    • View Profile
it is possible in theory, but will require additional patching of Orbiter, the Telecom Plugin (for routing), and SimplePhone.

Dive in if you want, :)

-Thom

Thanks for the opportunity, but I think this is a little out my league.  Being that the 810 is in the beta stage, it's probably not the best time to be making requests, but perhaps once 810 is at the RC stage this could be revisited. I know I'd be more than willing to fund the time necessary for this feature. Thanks again Thom, and keep up the great work. 

Ernesto
Core/Generic Hybrid MD
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core
GPU: GPU: XFX PVT84GUDF3 GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3

death__hound

• View Profile
i have multiple android orbitors that have mic and speakers as well as cameras in built it would be sweet to be able to use them as phones . even with out cameras

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Why don't you setup a sip client on them? It ain't transparent, but at least it should work.

Techstyle

• Addicted
    • View Profile
    • Techstyle UK Ltd.
I have a SIP client installed on my XDA (http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/XDAIIi) and the XDA runs the orbiter.  When I want  to make a call from the XDA I use the XDA orbiter and dial on the dial pad.  the Orbiter then asks where would you like to call from I pick 'SIP client XDA' and the XDA rings, if you accept on the screen the call is placed.  It does then crash the orbiter and you have to Restart it.

I tried the same thing on my Android Pad with SIP Droid and it sort of worked the same.  I didn't really like the SIP Droid interface.

It would be nice to be able to tie the orbiter and sip client together so 'Place from here' would work

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Chances of that happening are slim to none in the foreseeable future on Android afaict, might be something else WHEN we find someone willing to qOrbiter work on Android, and IF Qt on Android supports interacting with the phone part of the Android system.

death__hound

• View Profile
might try SIP do i need to buy an asterix card or can i use a dialup modem??