Author Topic: Multiple USBUIRT on core  (Read 2729 times)

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Multiple USBUIRT on core
« on: December 02, 2009, 07:49:29 pm »
I am using 810 beta.

I wanted to set up multiple USBUIRT on the core, but by default, it seems to be not allowing me. Looking at the template, thinking I can create my own using the existing template and manually adding the device, I see there is a value set ( 162 Only one per pc(bool) = 1).

Is it possible to safely modify this value to, lets say 2/3, if it would break any functionality and if it would allow me to achieve my intended goal, multiple USBUIRT on the core?

My test hybrid, decided to quit, I would have tested it there.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple USBUIRT on core
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 12:09:51 am »
No, only one UIRT device can be active on a given media director.

If you need multiple zone IR, use a GC-100.

-Thom

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 01:06:39 am »
Ok thanks.

I was hoping to have a USBUIRT in each room connected to the core, in a effort when I walk in the room and press the remote's power button, it is registered by the core and turn on the MD and all controlled MEDIA devices in that room, something similar how you can power on the MD using the Webpad orbiter.

I read somewhere, you can have multiple gcc-100, each assigned to separate rooms, is this correct? Also does the same apply to the network IRTrans?

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 04:20:41 am »
Ok thanks.

I was hoping to have a USBUIRT in each room connected to the core, in a effort when I walk in the room and press the remote's power button, it is registered by the core and turn on the MD and all controlled MEDIA devices in that room, something similar how you can power on the MD using the Webpad orbiter.

You can do the above as long as you have a MD per room...and the USBUIRT would be attached to each individual MD (and not back to the Core directly). Waking each MD up like needs a fair amount of time so we have taken the route of using energy efficient Ion MD's that draw around 20W or less and we just leave them running. That way we can have any touch of the remote wake up the TV, power up the surround Receiver and everything is ready in an instant.

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 01:53:03 pm »
Thanks.

I am planing equipment replacement sometime in the third quarter of 2010, that is why I was looking at this options, as I have seen an increase in my electric bill - wife want to kill me, she thinks its my toys, although she loves the service. Plan on looking at the hibernation discussed in the forums, but want to get it working in such a way that pressing the power button does not halt the MD, but hibernate it - suspend to disk(compact flash) or ram - subsequent power on, resumes. Have not focused on it as yet, trying to finish my initial project, getting Mplayer_Player to work with vdpau, as the recompiled mplayer works fine with vdpau, just not through conventional control, watched the whole of transformers - first one - with nothing over 30% cpu usage on a semprom LE.... Printed the code, finally set up the development env, hopefully on my day off today, I can rap my mind around it.

Just want to clarify though, I can have multiple gcc-100 or the network IRTrans each assigned to separate room.