Author Topic: "Various Albums" not showing up as one album in Audiolist  (Read 2424 times)

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
"Various Albums" not showing up as one album in Audiolist
« on: January 08, 2010, 10:37:35 am »
Hi,

I have imported all my 650 albums. Lots of them are Various Artists albums. For some reason does they not show up as one album if i below options select "Album" instead of "Performer".

I assume it happens when the Performer is different as I see this also on one album where one of the songs has a different performer.

Also if one the search in the orbiter for those albums they show up several times.

And one more thing. If I go to Media Files sync and press "edit" the "Album" - on an normal album it shows me on the edit page all titles in that album. On an Various Album it shows me only the current title. I assume that every title is stored as a single album :(

If I edit all files in the directory and replace the Album - then it looks OK. But next time the album is imported by UpdateMedia the old situation is back. So if I would edit this "on foot" for 180 albums - and some times later do a reinstall - I would have to do it again :(

Greetings
Viking

daballiemo

• Guru
  • Full Blown Addict
    • View Profile
Re: "Various Albums" not showing up as one album in Audiolist
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 05:22:33 pm »
Been there and had the same problem. Quick and dirty fix:

Last post in http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=5802.0

Still works for 8.10 but I hope either this button or a solution will appear in 8.10 final

rgds

Han
HP N40L12.04 KVM with virt LCME8.10/10.04
MD: FoxConn NetBox 330I - Samsung LE 26 (1360* 768)
MD: M2NPV-VM dual core AMD 64/3800/2Gb/NV6150 - Samsung UE 55 C8700 (full hd, 3d)
MD: FoxConn NetBox 330I - LG 32ld350

Viking

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: "Various Albums" not showing up as one album in Audiolist
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 06:51:50 pm »
Hi Han,

thanks a lot for the link :)

It Fixed the problem and saved me a lot of work :)

I have added a bug to trac :
http://svn.linuxmce.org/trac.cgi/ticket/555

Viking