Author Topic: New Wiki Categories  (Read 3262 times)

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
New Wiki Categories
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:46:06 am »
Hi folks!

I have just added tow new Wiki categories. "Tested with 710" and "Tested with 810".

These are both sub-categories of the "Versions" category which already existed inside the "Development" category. I will leave it to the community to decide if that is appopriate :)

Could I please ask EVERYONE to do two things (please).

1) Any pages you have created / are responsible for (aspecially in the "Hardware" or "How To" sections), please add [[Category:Tested_with_710]] and / or [[Category:Tested_with_810]] to the top of the page, as appropriate.

2) When you follow any instructions on the wiki, and have tested against a particular version, please update it with one (or both!) of these category tags as appropriate.

Hopefully, this will enable us to (eventually) easily work out if the instructions we are following relate to the version we are using ;D
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
Re: New Wiki Categories
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 02:47:19 pm »
But this is only hardware?
Maybe just a general divide......just 0710 and 0810 and future releases?
Who is the Wiki admin BTW?

wierdbeard65

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • My Quest
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 02:51:36 pm »
Categories relate to any Wiki page, not just hardware.

Some of the Wiki pages are generic, but any that relate to a specific version of MCE (Hardware and How-To's are obvious examples) should, IMHO, advertise what version(s) they relate to. These new categories will allow this to happen :D

I hear what you say, but at this point, we don't know if we will have the same issue with the next version (I've heard rumblings this will be 1004), so let's try to "future proof"
Paul
If you have the time to help, please see where I have got to at: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Wierdbeard65

bongowongo

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 02:59:10 pm »
Ok your right.