Author Topic: lmce-mythtv scripts  (Read 4475 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
lmce-mythtv scripts
« on: November 30, 2009, 07:09:34 pm »
upon hearing the great news about the new beta2 (hurray)
I went to update my system- being a lazy slob,  I did a backup beforehand...
I got this in the end:
Unpacking lmce-mythtv-scripts (from .../lmce-mythtv-scripts_2.0.0.44.09112922522_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/lmce-mythtv-scripts_2.0.0.44.09112922522_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/pluto/bin/SaveMythRecording.sh', which is also in package pluto-mythtv-player
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/lmce-mythtv-scripts_2.0.0.44.09112922522_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

does anyone know how to fix this, short of a fresh install?

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: lmce-mythtv scripts
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 01:00:21 am »
I've just "aptitude dist-upgrade"d to the Beta 2, and I had to run an "apt-get -f install" afterward, followed by another "aptitude dist-upgrade", to get it to update it all.  It's almost a habit for me to do so, but I DID see errors fixed by steps 2 and 3.  Might be worth a try.

Now, just having completed that process and rebooted, I seem to be stuck at a black screen with mouse pointer, so I imagine my troubleshooting has just begun!! ;D

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 01:03:20 am »
Orbitergen ran for 1 hour on my p4 2.8 (make sure you wait for it) through all of that time I had a black screen with a white mouse cursor.  After orbitergen finished the media director services did not start up.

I rebooted after orbitergen finished (I watched it running in 'top' from an ssh session) and my system started up perfectly.

http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=9232.0

J.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 01:07:02 am by phenigma »

tekoholic

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 01:35:50 am »
Nice, and thanx.  I've ssh'd in, and am watching things happen via htop, so I assumed I should leave it be.  As well, I've been watching the regen via the web-admin -> orbiters page, and it's just about done.  No MD's have been powered on, since upgrades began.

I might just leave it running all night long, and reboot in morning.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 07:49:33 pm »
I finally gave in...I have a backup stored away in case I screw up, so...what the heck
:-)
I am just in the process of installing the beta2. So far things seem to run nicely, however the bug about the /usr/pluto/bin/Diskless_CreateTBZ.sh still seems to exist.
I am running the script as we speak and I hope everything will turn out to be fine in the end.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 01:43:26 pm »
okay, here is my update :
the script for the creation of the bootimage went through without a hitch and I was able to boot up an configure my MD (asrock ion330). At first I had some trouble with the AVWizard, but I got around that. Then I tested the available UIs but went with the basic one, since the latest nvidiadrivers weren't activated.
After the orbiter generation was finished, I went to the KDE-Desktop, opened a terminal and used nvidia-xconfig there. After that, a reboot, AVWizard and I could use UI2 with Alphablending. I didn't have the sound over spdif optical working, so I went to the desktop agai and performed the Alsaupgrade with the script I posted here earlier....works fine now
I was however curious and did a apt-get update and a dist-upgrade. Interestingly enough there were some repos offline and there were some files relating to mythtv that had been downgraded (!?).
Later that evening I tested mythtv with VDPAU, which was not quite nice...choppy performance and quite unstable. I also read, that xine should also come with VDPAU- but so far I have not been able to see in in action...I tried some HD-content I had waiting on the disks, but I also noticed a rather choppy playback.
Tonight I will just scrap the current MD and create a new one. I want to try and see how it works out of the box- in other words without the aforementioned updates.

Other than that, nice works, guys :-) you are my heroes!

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 04:03:11 pm »
maverick,

vdpau for xine is activated in lmce webadmin.
Go to your MD and set HW acceleration to "auto" or "vdpau".
"auto" will let Xine decied itself then to use vdpau.
"vdpau" will force it to try and use vdpau.

This of course need a fully functional nVidia driver.
In beta2 nvidia 195.22 is installed.

I can play 1080P on my Zotac 330 ION without any major issues.
some green artefacts can be seen in Xine and some picture sync issues exist if you ff or rev you video.

/niz23

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 05:24:19 pm »
thanks niz23...you're right. I will check that out :-)

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 10:44:22 pm »
hmmm...I wish I could say its working...but it isn't so far.
I tried setting the hardwareacceleration to vdpau and started a movie, but its not showing. I can hear sound, but see no video.
Then I changed the setting to auto...and get  the same. If I regenerate the orbiter, it says first "trying to startup xineplayer" then I get a message, that some services didn't start properly.
If I change HW-acceleration back to XV, normal videos are playing again.
As far as I can see, the nvidia 195.22 is in place
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:46:14 pm by maverick0815 »

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 09:32:14 pm »
Don´t know what can be your issue.
What file format do you play when you experience issues?

Have you done a fresh install of latest beta?

There´s one way you can see what is going on when you play a file with xine_player.
Open a ssh client.
Set your ssh client to record readable output to a local file.
SSH into your md as root.
do "screen -ls"
Look xine_player id.
Do "screen -r <xineid>"
From Orbiter try to play the file in question.
Your ssh cient should show what is going on within xine.

Post your output to someplace and teel us where to find them.

/niz23