Author Topic: need some help with the phonebook  (Read 3204 times)

maverick0815

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
need some help with the phonebook
« on: January 05, 2010, 07:26:34 pm »
I have slight problem with the phonebook entries. I live in Germany and have a phonenumber like this : 0049 371 1234567
However when I start putting the country code in the first field, what appears in the "dial as" is this: 90110049
I don't understand what causes the 9011 to appear. I checked in the trunk for the dial pattern, but this is still as I set it: X.
Since I finally managed to get the asterisk to talk to my fritzbox via sip, I would really like to start filling in the phonebook.

patmankn

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: need some help with the phonebook
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 10:58:32 pm »
well i cannot explain the 9, but i guess 011 is the US Prefix for International codes. So i assume that the 9 is supposed to be some kind of dial-through-code. BUT... i have no clou where the digits come from... Good Luck! ;O)
Hybrid: MSI MS-7329,Nvidia 6150 onboard,AMD BE-2400,2gb RAM,Sharp Aqous LE 37X20E via MD Zotoc Ion Synergy,Terratec 1200 & Cinergy DT USB Diversity DVB-T, KNC ONE TV-Station DVB-C,WebDT366,Fiire Chief http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/User:Patmankn

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 07:21:02 pm »
hmm...I still couldn't figure out where those digits come from, but I also have another question: is there any softphone for windows known to be able to access the phonebook? So far that would be quite cool. Right now I have x-lite running on my windows-pc, but I would change it for something else if I could use any other, if it had this feature. I'm also looking for some cordless IP-phones...and if those would be able to get the phonebook too, it would be the coolest thing. Right now I'd just be happy for the right softphone.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 09:04:30 pm »
the more I play around with the telecom-features, there questions I have....
for example: how can I access the general voicemail other than by going to the webadmin? What format is the recording there? When I opened it the first time, firefox complained about a missing plugin, ie8 came up with the brilliant idea of getting quicktime(yuck) to do the job. If I click the download link it downloads it as wave, but mediaplayer doesn't want to play it.

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 10:36:41 pm »
I finally fillled my phonebook, but I'm experiencing some problem still. Whenever a call is coming in, I always get one and the same caller id from the phonebook reported. Did any of you guys experience that too?

maverick0815

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 09:43:58 pm »
Friends, I really can't make heads or tails of it....
just suppose I will delete my phonebook again as well as the trunk I created...start fresh:
the international accesscode for germany is 0049
a local areacode is for example 0375
the phonenumer is 1234567
If I want to call that number from where I am it would be: 03751234567
if it was a international call it would be 00493751234567
Suppose I would stick with automatic configuration, the field "When dialing a local number, automatically prepend the area code" will contain what..0049 or 0375, or only 375?
or what? The next line to prepend one digit would be "0" for Europe.
So, assuming I did those  entries...how about the phonebook then? So far what I did was putting 49 for coutry code, 375 for areacode and 1234567 for the phonenumber, however in dial as it always appeared like this  : 9011493751234567- and of course that doesn't dial...and like I said above- incoming calls do not get reported in the phones correctly. If I check this in the reportpanel in freepbx I at least the the number like this :03751234567, but the number being shown is something else.
I know there are lots of people with different problems...but this is driving me nuts...