Author Topic: Phone Book issue  (Read 12424 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Phone Book issue
« on: February 28, 2006, 10:46:08 am »
Hi there

I don't know whether Phone Book is among those features considered to be stable or not, anyway I'm noticing some issues when using it from Orbiters.

I've added a couple of contacts from admin site a while ago, and in the beginning those contact were searchable from Orbiters (web pad and Xp).
By typing the initials letters a choice of potential results was displayed, and by clicking on the desired result all phone numbers were displayed.

This used to work for a while, then it stopped, then started to work again with .36, and again now it is not working anymore.

When I say "not working" I mean that no result are showed, not even typing the whole contact name.

Am I doing something wrong?

TIA
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Phone Book issue
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 10:04:29 am »
i've just added a contact and a phone # for him.

and checked the orbiter, i can see the contact and make a call.
i don't know what could be wrong.
this feature was tested on every release that we made and was working.
did you modify something on your machine that could cause stop working?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Phone Book issue
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 12:32:09 pm »
Hi Dan and thanks for reply

I didn't modify anything on my hibrid, but yesterday I had a closer look on admin site and noticed a flag besides every contact that indicates whether contact is public or not.
Those flags were setted to "N", so contact were not considered public. I switched to "Y" and now contacts are visible.

The points are :

1. I never modified those flags before, so I cannot explain how those contacts heve been visible for a while. Has the "private" handling changed since last december?

2.could you explain a bit the concept of "private"? For instance, if I build a playlist from admin site this is automatically considered "private" and it is visible from orbiter only if I switch to admin user (btw, how can I switch those playlist to "public"?)
    If the logic is the same, I would expect that those "private" contact have the same behaviour but they are not. In fact in this case "private" means that no one can see the contact except the admin user from admin site. Considering that the only way to add a new contact is from admin site, this "private" handling sounds to me a bit strange

One more thing that I noticed (now that I got it working again :)) is that when I select a contact to show a phone number and then exit from phone book view and finally re-enter in phone book, the previously selected number is still there. This is confusing because if at this stage I type the initials of some contact, the number still remains and changes only after I click over the newly selected contact.

Also "privacy" has still other small issues, because when switching on Orbiters to different user no pin code is asked, and in security view when asked to enter pin code the system shows your pin on display (instead of usual "*" char)

HTH

Regards
Marco

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Phone Book issue
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 09:42:04 pm »
Hi,

reading this - decided to try few contacts...

I've added two contacts (both with public checked). But if I set them to private - who will have access to them ?

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Phone Book issue
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 11:14:55 am »
i confirm that the problem is more a usability/logic issue
when adding a new contact you set this flag
Public contact     if you check this means that the contact is public
but on phone book page there was the opposite flag
Private contact        N

we fixed this. we use only 'Public' flag. the fix will be available on next release.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Phone Book issue
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 11:24:23 am »
Quote from: "dan.g"
i confirm that the problem is more a usability/logic issue
when adding a new contact you set this flag
Public contact     if you check this means that the contact is public
but on phone book page there was the opposite flag
Private contact        N

we fixed this. we use only 'Public' flag. the fix will be available on next release.

Since talking about telephony - what's the purpose of Speeddial ,and how are entries added ?

Regards,

Rob.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Phone Book issue
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2006, 01:07:37 pm »
you can add speed dial entries from pluto-admin > wizard > telecom scenarios
they will appear on main menu and on telecom screen