Author Topic: Installation issues - no glx module (UnSolved)  (Read 3095 times)

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
Installation issues - no glx module (UnSolved)
« on: November 15, 2009, 09:11:10 pm »
I have tried reinstalling with the beta DVD and also the internet installation at least 10 times and still am not able to get this thing working. My xorg log says that there is no GLX module installed. How is this possible? Doesn't the nvidia 190 drivers include this? Is there a way to check which nvidia driver is loaded? How can I unload and reload? Thanks

Kevin
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 06:06:09 am by kyfalcon »

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Installation issues - no glx module
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 10:14:26 pm »
I was able to get past the GLX problem by moving the .so file location but I am still not able to get past the white arrow problem. I see all the messages and that is it. I have a GEForce 8500 card. My monitor is a 1080p plasma. I have had this working with 810 alpha. Any help would be appreciated. I have given all my DVD playes away since I have setup linuxmce at all my TVs and I haven't been able to watch a movie in several weeks. The wife is not happy!

I've tried so many things that my head is spinning. If I can get this going I would like to try porting the Java MO to the motorola Droid. From my understanding Android 2.0 supports everything needed and it looks like the android SDK is java based. And that is my current area of expertise.

Thanks,
Kevin

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 10:29:37 pm »
Is there a way to check which nvidia driver is loaded?

What do you get when typing
 dkms status
in terminal?

Tim
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:31:18 pm by tkmedia »
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 06:06:58 pm »
It says 190.36 is loaded. I am only trying to use simple UI at this point and can't get past that damn white mouse pointer.  :'(

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Installation issues - no glx module (Solved)
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 04:36:37 pm »
Finally after about 20 tries I was able to get Beta from trhe internet install working. My xorg.conf was being changed ever so slighlty by linuxmce. Once I found it and modified my system all seems to be working better.

Thanks.

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 05:10:40 pm »
My xorg.conf was being changed ever so slighlty by linuxmce. Once I found it and modified my system all seems to be working better.

Care to share what changes you made...

Better yet enter a ticket in trac please

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 06:48:14 pm »
Better yet, I will mention them and then post my xorg.conf. When I get home this evening. I'll have to take a look at the trak system as well.

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Installation issues - no glx module (UnSolved)
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 06:13:56 am »
I had my core working good, started to boot up my 2 MDs, rebooted my core and it has nvidia 180 loaded and the xorg.conf was changed again. WTH! Can someone please tell me how to stop this nonsense? I have relative coming in for Thanksgiving and would really love to be able to watch some movies. Any help would be greatly appreciated. How do I get this back to the correct driver. Once there I know what the xorg.conf should be. How to I get linuxmce to stop changing both of these.