Author Topic: Playback of directv box 810 beta  (Read 2517 times)

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Playback of directv box 810 beta
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:18:47 pm »
Good Afternoon All,

I have installed 810 Beta created a device template for my Directv Receiver (model #L12T-700) here in the Cariibbean - choosing the option for liveTv in the drop down list for the type of device.

I have added a pvr-500 it installed all the required software, ran the wizard and connected the device to the svideo port, and assign it to all rooms.

I was of the opinion when I clicked on the device, it would be able to pause its feed as with live tv, but the device is being played by xine not myth and not getting any such functionality; is this standard or did I mess things up!

Also on another note, does 810 automatically update the community with new devices created, or this is a manual process?

Thanks for all assistance forth coming.

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Playback of directv box 810 beta
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 12:26:12 pm »
Ok, just an update

I manually configured mythtv, edited the media scenario changed the device and template to reflect that of mythtv player and changed the 11 to 1; it worked, that is the box played through mythtv, either clicking on tv or the media scenario that was created - this is on the core/hybrid.

I subsequently edited the other scenarios for the other rooms, but clicking on tv or the scenario on those MD's, gives me a blank screen, better than what is was getting before, the gui of mythtv. I can change the channel on the box from the MD's, but I get no picture or sound. Checked the mythtv log on the md (30_..., can't remember and can't check, I am in work) and all seemed well, but the Spawn_mythtv...log, show a timeout, hopefully this weekend I am not working so I can get the MD's to work also.

One other thing, I had looked all through the settings of mythtv, and the scenarios, saw no place to change the aspect ration to 16:9 - the box is outputing 16:9, and the MD's are 16:9 - even added the aspect ratio for mythtv in the scenario, setting it to 16:9, no luck; did not enter a value for stream, still trying to find the appropriate value.

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 07:56:38 am »
Check in the tuner card and video source sections in myth back end setup. Make sure your sources are set correctly. I have a dish box hooked to my hybrid via s-video, but for some reason when I set up my tuner card, the video source defaults to tuner 1 on my pvr-250 card. This gives me the same issue that you have. I simply switch the default input on the card to s-video and I am up. Been a bit since I have done it but it is either in the tuner card setup or video source set up portion of myth. Hope this helps.

klanmce

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 05:08:31 pm »
Thanks.

Got it working, issue being how the home directory was mounted, needed to put forcedirectio in the mount options in the /etc/fstab for home,  of the md in question (someone posted this on the forum).

Tried it once, but have not used it since as we have been working on a massive project at work, practically in the office all the time, to deliver before christmas, you know how it is. Family simple uses the hybrid.

I was initially lost, as I was always of the belief, that configuration through setup wizard, when you add the device as live tv, will configure it through mythtv, did not realize you had to do it manually in mythtv setup (only had antenna hooked up in 710).