Author Topic: Network layout question - all-in-one router.  (Read 14929 times)

trentend

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Network layout question - all-in-one router.
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 03:49:44 pm »
I think we should all calm down a bit.

LinuxMCE is an incredible project. The developers, though very stretched, do an excellent job and are much appreciated by those such as me who are not in a position to help with the development.  Nevertheless it's not perfect, and there are clearly challenges in the pace of development and the accessibility of information.  Setting up LinuxMCE isn't easy. Developing for it is clearly a nightmare. At the same time the more people who are encouraged to try it and find their own needs, the more it will be tested, and expanded.

We should all try to encourage each other, and move forward.  There isn't enough spare effort going around to waste it on arguments, particularly if it discourages people from getting involved.

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 04:55:57 pm »
This discussion is useless and circular.

This is an open source project.  People can, and should, do whatever they want with it.

If people are frequently showing up to this project looking for things that it does not support, then there is a documentation issue.  Getting all pissed off on a forum is a waste of effort - spend that time updating the documentation that has mislead the user instead.

The issue that this thread was opened for - network configuration - is a ridiculously simple issue that should not attract so much attention and argument.  The number of times I've heard this issue reexplained on the forums, IRC, and wiki is ridiculous.  I suggest that instead of continuing yet another circular argument over the subject that those parties who have strong opinions organize themselves and update the documentation to avoid future confusion of new users.

I am willing to volunteer some time to organizing such an effort, and I would be willing to contribute to the discussion.  Let me know if there is interest, and if I should organize such an effort.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:30:53 pm by jimbodude »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 05:26:27 pm »
cool. Thanks. Sorry, I aggravated the issue.

-Thom