Author Topic: [SOLVED] changing additional disk structure  (Read 2724 times)

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] changing additional disk structure
« on: November 18, 2009, 09:14:15 pm »
Hi all,
after installing 0810, another partition was recognized during setup (/dev/sda6) and i made it public, but not using LinuxMCE structure. This partition was mounted under /mnt/devices/35 and with a symbolic link to /home/public/data/other/SAMSUNGxxxxxx.
How can i change the structure of this partition so i can hold public and private files, recognized by LinuxMCE (yes, i can create all the directory tree, but will it be recognized under /home/public/data/other)?
TIA,
Paulo
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:09:34 pm by pw44 »

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: changing additional disk structure
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:52 pm »
Web Admin --> "Show device tree" (bottom of left pane)

Drill down to the drive in question, click on it.

In the Right pane, set "PK_Users" to "LinuxMCE File Structure".  You may have to check "Reconfigure Device" at the top.

For changes to take effect, reload the DCE router or reboot the machine.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 02:15:34 am »
THX jimbodude!!!!!!!!!
it did work.. partially... the files stored in the public/data/videos can be seen, but the ones stored under user_1/data/videos are not accessible, even changing to user and giving in the pin (1234 - not changed yet).
Anything else i shall do?
TIA,
Paulo

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 05:02:09 am »
They may not have been picked up by UpdateMedia yet.

Look at Web admin --> files & media --> media file sync.  DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, attempt to synchronize "/home", "/home/{user_# or public}" or "/home/{user_# or public}/data" - if you do this, you will have all kinds of crap in your media list, like the setup movies and test sounds, and you will never be able to get them out.  Only synchronize directories UNDER "/home/{user_# or public}/data/" - never "/home/{user_# or public}/data/" itself, or anything higher.

Navigate on the left to "/home/{user_#}/data/{whatever media you want}.  Click the "Resynchronize" button in the right pane.  Go get a coffee - it will take a minute.  Wait until it's done - if you close the popup window before the update is done, it won't finish.

By the time you read this, UpdateMedia may have found them - so check first...

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 10:36:21 am »
Thx for the hint :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:09:52 pm by pw44 »