Author Topic: 8.10 Weborbiter strange behavior + connect to proxy orbiter failed  (Read 6008 times)

sq8ijk

• View Profile
Hello,
I have reinstalled my LinuxMCE with beta 8.10, before I was using some alpha version on top of 8.10.

I have added web-orbiter (generic-orbiter) and it finished regenerating after which I did the quick reload.

The orbiter was listed but when I was trying to login, I was always getting the:
"Connect to proxy orbiter failed, please try again"

After this I have removed the web-orbiter from my device tree and re-added. While accessing the weborbiter.php site nothing was listed this time in the Device dropdown, so I have added yet another generic orbiter and now it was listed (In the device tree I had two generic orbiters, but only one was listed through the weborbiter.php). Anyhow the symptoms while I was trying accessing were the same:
"Connect to proxy orbiter failed, please try again"

Basically I was following the instructions from:
http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Add_Web_Orbiter

Could someone point me to the information how I could fix/debug the problem? What log level should I enable to find what might go wrong?

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: 8.10 Weborbiter strange behavior + connect to proxy orbiter failed
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 11:49:20 pm »
Did you reload the DCE Router?  If you don't the device won't start...

sq8ijk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 12:03:52 am »

I did Quick Reload Router and this didn't worked, also later I have rebooted the whole system without success.

pga57

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 07:46:27 am »

I did Quick Reload Router and this didn't worked, also later I have rebooted the whole system without success.

I have the same problem this week-end (network install) and after read you post and made a core reboot this morning it worked now !

Philippe

sq8ijk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 06:50:39 pm »
I have the same problem this week-end (network install) and after read you post and made a core reboot this morning it worked now !

I was trying this several times, but it didn't help. I would like to know how to find what is wrong and possibly fix it, otherwise I am left with quite unusable system :(

pga57

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 07:29:58 pm »

I was trying this several times, but it didn't help. I would like to know how to find what is wrong and possibly fix it, otherwise I am left with quite unusable system :(

Do you have try a Quick Regen of the Generic Proxy Orbiter ?

Philippe

theteju

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 09:23:39 pm »

Once following the wiki and after quick Reload.....
You need to be extremely patient and let the system generate the orbiter. For the first time, system take more than usual time depending on your processor speed. I just generated mine after reading your post. everything went just fine.

The progress status is best seen under Advance ----> pending task. rather than under webadmin (my experience)

Hope this helps. Thanks

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 09:58:51 pm »
This has always "just worked" for me...  There are 3 things that need to happen - 1) device created, 2) router reloaded, 3) orbiter (re)generated

Once you get the device created in the web admin per instructions, reload the router.  If nothing comes up, go to Web Admin --> Devices --> Orbiters.  If the proxy orbiter isn't regenerating, you can tell it to do a full regen, and wait for the progress bar to go all the way full two times.  Once it's done, you should be able to look at the web orbiter.  Reload the router if there are still issues - but I'm usually running by this point.

sq8ijk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 05:23:00 pm »
This has always "just worked" for me...  There are 3 things that need to happen - 1) device created, 2) router reloaded, 3) orbiter (re)generated

Once you get the device created in the web admin per instructions, reload the router.  If nothing comes up, go to Web Admin --> Devices --> Orbiters.  If the proxy orbiter isn't regenerating, you can tell it to do a full regen, and wait for the progress bar to go all the way full two times.  Once it's done, you should be able to look at the web orbiter.  Reload the router if there are still issues - but I'm usually running by this point.

Ok after a while I gave it a second try and it worked. So the problem was with my nvidia drivers which I have installed manually and from then nothing could be installed as apt-get was failing due to some unresolved dependency. I suspect that some packages needed to be installed to make weborbiter working properly.