Author Topic: Dumb question for 8.10B dvd install  (Read 2978 times)

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Dumb question for 8.10B dvd install
« on: November 09, 2009, 06:32:08 am »
When I downloaded and burned the install dvd, prior to my install, I chose the "check the cd for defects" option in the initial boot screen. It reported 150 something errors. Is this normal and caused by the linuxmce modifications to kubuntu, or did I get a bad download? I used imgburn to burn it and it's integrity check verified that it burned correctly.

I assumed that the first scenario was the case and went forward with the install linuxmce option. When it completed there was no icon on the desktop to run the linuxmce install. There was a new installer folder in the home section, but I am not sure if that is from my previous install as I preserved my home folder. There was no full install script in there.

Thanks
Josh

persundberg

• View Profile
Re: Dumb question for 8.10B dvd install
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 12:51:39 pm »
Hi,

Go with the internet installation which is less buggy apparently:

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/LinuxMCE-0810_beta

I had 'LOT' of issues that I had to solve on the DVD installation
Core: Acer S290
MD: Zotac ION 330 board.

Cheers -Per

purps

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • If it ain't broke, tweak it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 09:03:50 am »
When I downloaded and burned the install dvd, prior to my install, I chose the "check the cd for defects" option in the initial boot screen. It reported 150 something errors. Is this normal and caused by the linuxmce modifications to kubuntu, or did I get a bad download? I used imgburn to burn it and it's integrity check verified that it burned correctly.

I assumed that the first scenario was the case and went forward with the install linuxmce option. When it completed there was no icon on the desktop to run the linuxmce install. There was a new installer folder in the home section, but I am not sure if that is from my previous install as I preserved my home folder. There was no full install script in there.

Thanks
Josh

The errors on the disk don't seem to matter.
1004 RC :: looking good :: upgraded 01/04/2013
my setup :: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Purps

lmwashere

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 12:48:24 pm »
Interesting that the errors don't seem to matter. Guess I will stay tuned to see how things get ironed out.

I have been gathering that the internet install seems to be the way to go. I have another project in the fire just now but when I make it  back to LMCE I will use this method.

Thanks for the help!
Josh