Author Topic: [SOLVED] Some technical questions about the graphical resolution.  (Read 3732 times)

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Hi Developers,
as i understood, using a hybrid configuration (core and media director on the same unit) brings two overlayed windows:
one from the core and the other from the media director.
after installing and defining (AVWizard) the hdmi 720p resolution, i had to scale the window down (4 times -) so the yellow arrows fit the borders. But i guess this downscale was not reflected in the xorg.conf and the media director (admin website -> media director). In the xorg.conf file, the resolution (modeline) is 1280 x 720 and media director 1280 720/60 720p.
This obviously does not fit my screen, being the displayed screen larger than the monitor screen.
I tryed to change the media director resolution (admin website) to 1024 520 (which fits correcty), regenerated the md image, but the lmce screen became shifted up left.
Tryed to look at /usr/pluto/bin files, but the resolutions are hardcoded.
In such a case, should the resolution be changed at xorg.conf and md image? And how to set a custom resolution to AVWizard?

Would there be any incompatibility using the 2.6.28 kernel (from jaunty)? On another partition i tested kubuntu 8.10 with 2.6.28 kernel and got hdmi audio working..... (this kernel question is not related to the video resoluton issue).

TIA, Paulo
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 05:27:58 pm by pw44 »

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: Some technical questions about the graphical resolution.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 01:53:01 pm »
Would there be any incompatibility using the 2.28 kernel (from jaunty)? On another partition i tested kubuntu 8.10 with 2.28 kernel and got hdmi audio working.....
TIA, Paulo

I don't know enough about your graphical issues/questions to comment right now, but I am running kernel 2.6.31 on an MD and have had no problems/issues/conflicts of any kind.

J.

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Some technical questions about the graphical resolution.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 02:04:51 pm »
The question about the kernel was only regarding to HDMI audio. For LinuxMCE 0810 i'm using the 2.6.27-15. For testing purposes like HDMI video resolution and audio, i'm using another partition with kubuntu 8.10 but with the 2.6.28 kernel from kubuntu jaunty. As many reported to have a MOBO with HDMI capabilities and not having HDMI audo, i decided to test a newer kernel, but outside (initially) LinuxMCE 0810.
Paulo
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 02:11:43 pm by pw44 »

pw44

• Addicted
    • View Profile
[SOLVED]: Some technical questions about the graphical resolution.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 05:27:26 pm »
Hi,
got the solution for overscan. As i read in one of the posts, the solution could be useEDID true in the xorg.conf file.
I did it and after reboot, the overscan remained. Reading the wiki about custom resolution, i realized that the xorg.conf file was modified changing true to false on the useEDID directive. So, i used the ugly hack to prevent /usr/pluto/bin/Xconfigure.sh to change the xorg.conf file.
After that, it worked like a charm. Now the resolution fits correct and the overscan problem is gone.....
Best regards.