Yes, Thank You Mike! That is exactly what happened to me. When the internet install script was running, I got the same error telling me it couldn't find that package you mentioned, and it was caught in an endless loop trying every 10 seconds to get it again. I thought maybe a repo was down, so I let it go all night thinking if the repo came back up, the error would self-correct and install would continue. But in the morning, I finally gave it CTRL-C, killed the script, and re-launched it. When I relaunched install.sh it, it appeared to run clean, and I then ran the post-install.sh and rebooted without further errors.
And yes, we were both doing the same thing, setting up a test system to poke around and learn before trying to build something serious. I currently have a ClarkConnect home server as my gateway, and MythDora 10.21 on a different machine serving MythTV backend. I like the idea of LinuxMCE because it would eliminate one server, but I want to understand it before taking my perfectly functional system down.
So just to wrap up, my machine will not go past the black screen with mouse cursor. If I sit and watch it, every so often it will pop up text on the screen telling me it's trying to install "Pluto.Nvidia.Orbiter" or something like that (going from memory), but nothing ever happens, and the F7 key does nothing. I'm starting to think the error I saw during install.sh was an indication that the local orbiter was never fully installed, and now I'm seeing the outcome of that.