Author Topic: X10 Pro?  (Read 3535 times)

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
X10 Pro?
« on: November 12, 2009, 02:21:54 am »
Hi All,

I got an email today re X10 Pro. I had not seen it mentioned before. Apparently it has Two Way Communication:
http://www.smarthome.com.au/homeautomation/x10pro.php?utm_source=SmartHome.com.au&utm_campaign=0fb4699e3f-X10ProHDAV121109&utm_medium=email&mc_cid=0fb4699e3f&mc_eid=c910112a89

I see it is available already in the USA:
http://www.smarthomeusa.com/ShopByManufacturer/X-10-Pro/

Anyone used this? How do people feel it measures up to zwave / insteon? Might be a moot point for those of us in Aus as we don't appear to be getting anything else any time soon...

Cheers,
WR.

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: X10 Pro?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 09:46:10 pm »
wombiroller,

This has been around for about 3 years, maybe more.  Was originally called X10 Version 2.  Basically you can interogate the device to find out what it's state is so provides a more robust system where knowing something actually received and responded to the command is important.  I did the garage door really close  ;D

In general terms if your mains circuity is in good condition then it does not offer much more.  The big plus point is that after a reboot your control software can interogate all devices and know exactly what their state is rather than assuming devices are in the same state as they were before the  reboot.

NOS

lemming86_au

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Josh Hagger
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 12:59:25 am »
I'm from Australia as well & this stuff just caught my attention (Got the same email as wombiroller)
will it work with LinuxMCE at the moment, or would some development be needed?

Regards,
Josh

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 12:14:47 pm »
ahh - I didn't realise (and obviously failed to search google to confirm)...Seems poor old Aus is a bit behind the times ;) Thx.

nosilla99

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 04:29:52 pm »
I'm from Australia as well & this stuff just caught my attention (Got the same email as wombiroller)
will it work with LinuxMCE at the moment, or would some development be needed?

Regards,
Josh

Yes the modules will work LMCE, the controllers are the same as what X10 v1 used so no different, if a module sends a status update then LMCE will respond to it if you have a CM11, or shortly to be supported CM15  ;)

NOS