Author Topic: Xantech ZC21 - Two zone connecting block  (Read 2628 times)

the anxious

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
Xantech ZC21 - Two zone connecting block
« on: November 10, 2009, 01:27:25 pm »
Hi,

I would like to know if this connector block works well with lmce usbuirt. I need the two zone because I will have two cable boxes in the same place connected in my pvr 500. I have two double emmiters "xantech 286" and I need control of my home teather, 2 cable boxes and my samsung tv.

If work, do I need make some special configuration?

Thank you.
djonny
Asus M2N-E-SLI, 2GB Kingston, HD 500GB Seagate, Hauppage PVR-500, Geforce 7300GS, Fiire Chief, Nokia N800, Samsung LN32A330J1 32", HA22, Intermatic Switches, USB UIRT, Xantech 286 double emitter,

qball4

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Xantech ZC21 - Two zone connecting block
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 11:58:20 pm »
Xantech blocks work fine with the UIRT's output jack. I cut the emitter off a single Xantech emitter, stripped the ends, and wired one into gnd and the other into signal in - leave the +12V empty.

edit: If you need to control 2 cable boxes, you will need a UIRT/MD for each. If you only have one system to control both boxes, you will need an IR router like the Xantech RT8 and have to add a command in the media scenario for each box to select the correct port. Even though the RT8 would work, it would be SIGNIFICANTLY less complicated and almost the same price to just add a MD.

:Matt
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:04:54 am by qball4 »