Author Topic: Linuxmce 810 Beta - internal scsi HDD - undetected: how to setup correctly?  (Read 3353 times)

persundberg

• View Profile
Hi!

I have setup a core installation with

Core: Acer 290s 2gb ram 3ghz cpu
MD - Zotac ION 330 board

I installed linuxmce Core setup 810 BETA through dvd 'install linuxmce' dvd.
I have completed the A/V wizard and orbiter generation of the MD, everything seems to be ok except:

It doesn't detect my internal HDD inside the CORE!

It is a Hihatchi 1000GB drive, and I'm not sure what is the correct procedure to set this up? Should I mount it with ntfs-3g somewhere? or how?? I'm lost so help would be much appreciated! I've also checked the web interface 'add devices', but I'm not sure that is the way to go either..??

Could someone give me an example of this?  ???

Kindly, /Per

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Hey persundberg - all you should need to do to add another drive is format it (ext3 I believe) it should then be detected...

persundberg

• View Profile
Hi wombiroller! Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Ok, but if I have lots and lots of nice data that I want to keep??  ;)
I have tried linuxmce 710 - hybrid installation and that detected the harddrive correctly. (then 710 has other issues so that is why I choosed 810). One options is if I can get a hybrid working on 810, but as a newbie I don't know how to enable the MD on the core machine to make it into a hybrid.. :(

wombiroller

• Guru
    • View Profile
Ahh - sorry I assumed it was unformatted... If it worked in 0710 i'd think it should be auto-detected in 0810 Beta... Not sure if anyone else out there can confirm this is working in 0810...

persundberg

• View Profile
Hi!

Hmm.. I read a post about the DVD beta installation beeing a bit buggy! Yes it seems it is and that perhaps the web installation is a better option. I didn't realize that the 'black screen with a cursor' was not normal behaviour but I thought this was the way it is supposed to be for a 'core' installation.. but now I managed to regenerate the nvidia drivers by 'nvidia-xconfig' .. it said something was broken and created a new config file. then after rebooting the core I could enter the setup by holding the shif key.. lets see if it can detect my hdd now or else I'll just reinstall with the web based installer! I REALLY think they should make another post of the beta dvd on the linuxmce.com blog .. THERE it faulty says that the hybrid is going to be installed.. but it isn't.. is it?. Also they should recommend the web installer (if that works better) instead of the DVD so people like me who are new to this don't have to fall into this pit of configuration "%"ยค. ;)

Cheers and thanks for the help so far! :)

persundberg

• View Profile
UPDATE:  After I got past the 'black screen with pointer' issue the system detected my internal HDD.. but there seems to be lot of bugs still... But I'll guess I'll go with this setup for now :)