Author Topic: UI1 Video Catalog Customization  (Read 2794 times)

trimble

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
UI1 Video Catalog Customization
« on: November 03, 2009, 02:21:47 am »
In general, I find it more convenient to playback videos recorded using MythTV from the standard LMCE Video catalog. However, as the MythTV files do not have cover art, only the title of the program appears on the main catalog screen and, as many episodes of the same show may be listed, this can become confusing as there is no way to identify which episode is which. I use UI1 and was wondering how one would go about showing the episode title or file creation date along with the program title on the main Video catalog page. Displaying this additional information would be a great benefit.

Regards,
Mark

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: UI1 Video Catalog Customization
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 03:53:18 pm »
Are you using the latest packages on 0810?  Last I checked, we had titles that look like this:
{Show Name} - {Episode Title}

We also have "cover art" - the images are the same as what mythweb would show - basically a frame from the video a few seconds in.

trimble

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 04:42:29 pm »
That's good info, thanks. I'm running 0710 now, but am building a test server now to try 0810 on.

Would you happen to know if there an upgrade path anticipated from the current 0810 Beta to the final release? If so, I may just take the plunge and start using 0810 full time. My whole family runs on LMCE and, for everybody's sanity, I want to minimize the number of clean reinstalls we go through.

Regards,
Mark

jimbodude

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 04:50:44 pm »
I don't think there will be an upgrade route, due to the large number of very big changes and the ridiculous amount of time it would take to develop and test such a thing - but I don't have a solid reference to support that statement.

What I would do if you're going to new hardware - set up the new server on its own little network without changing the production core setup at all, then manually transfer the configuration from old to new (using setup wizard and web admin).  Transferring the media is pretty straight forward, since all the metadata is in id3 files or tags.  Beyond that, it's just cabling.

It's a bit of a pain, yes, but in my experience the backup tool is pretty useless if you're changing hardware anyway so manual is the only way to go.