Author Topic: Use Google Contacts  (Read 16695 times)

Che

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Use Google Contacts
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 11:20:16 pm »
Perhaps after we get this done, we could evenfurther the web-intergration, perhaps having facebook for each user piped to specific Media Directors, ie, their bedroom, etc. Or we could continue along with google, with GReader integration, GMail sending and recieving, and pretty much anything with an API out there.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 12:07:50 am »
Che are you going to start on this?

totallymaxed

• LinuxMCE God
  • Smart Home Consulting
    • View Profile
    • Dianemo - at home with technology
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 10:45:58 am »

There are some good ideas in this thread...and clearly some people who might be able to put limited amounts of development effort into realising those ideas too. What's needed is for all you guys who are interested, and have limited time, to coordinate yourselves a little - get some work underway even if its just a few hours a week and get things moving forwards.

Small amounts of effort from several people will deliver results eventually - get organised and get started :-)

All the best

Andrew
Andy Herron,
CHT Ltd

For Dianemo/LinuxMCE consulting advice;
@herron on Twitter, totallymaxed+inquiries@gmail.com via email or PM me here.

Get Dianemo-Rpi2 ARM Licenses http://forum.linuxmce.org/index.php?topic=14026.0

Get RaspSqueeze-CEC or Raspbmc-CEC for Dianemo/LinuxMCE: http://wp.me/P4KgIc-5P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dianemo-Home-Automation/226019387454465

http://www.dianemo.co.uk

Che

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2009, 07:22:15 pm »

I wish I could. I would love to learn to dev, but honestly have no idea where to start. I have no programming experience at all, and to be honest, it all seems just about magic to me.

Beklieve me though, if I could, I would.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 08:36:43 pm »
Andrew, you are absolutely correct, I have zero time atm to develop on this which is why I'm pushing for someone else to get started and as I have time I will help.  Che, this is a pretty easy project for you to learn on

Che

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 06:57:53 pm »
Where, and how, do I start?

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 10:24:26 pm »
You should start by setting up a development environment for LinuxMCE: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Building_LinuxMCE_0810

Then do some reading about the api provided by google to interface with their stuff: http://code.google.com/apis/contacts/docs/3.0/developers_guide.html

And your going to want to spend some time looking at the source for LinuxMCE's web admin.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2009, 10:25:21 pm »
if I remember right, LMCE's web admin is mostly done in PHP so you'll want to do some reading and learning about PHP.  Just learn on the fly as you are putting things together and trying to get it working.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2009, 06:30:31 am »
I had some time to get started on this and have some decent progress already.  Learning PHP as I go this is taking a considerable amount of effort, but is definitely pretty simple since google was able to spoonfeed me most of what I needed.  Don't get your hopes up too high, all I'm going to be doing is pulling from Google, if you guys want more than that you'll have to get your hands a little dirty too, but as of now you navigate to the phone book, click the Google Contacts button I created, it will prompt you for your credentials and pull back all your contacts.  At this point it doesn't actually do anything with them other than print them to the screen, but once I look at the existing code for adding entries I don't imagine this part will be too difficult either.

team_steeze

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 02:29:24 am »
Any updates on this?
How far along did you make it los93sol?

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 04:07:18 am »
I abandoned it after several people who wanted to help never contacted me, Im not sure where I put the code either, it'd likely just need to be started fresh anyway as there were some dependencies which I've also lost my notes on.  Hit me in the dev channel if ur serious about this, I can help, but don't have enough time to do the whole thing.

john14paul80

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2010, 10:53:17 am »
I don't have any background on coding because i am a designer...
But want to learn on it can somebody give me a link were i can learn on coding or basic coding.

los93sol

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 11:55:54 pm »

team_steeze

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2010, 10:28:49 am »
Thanks for keeping up on this, los93sol.
This is something I'd like to help with but my time has gone under severe crunch and I won't have enough time to be useful until later this year/early next year.
At that time, I'll check in with you, john14paul80, and see if I can't lend some support.