Author Topic: "Play All" with picture media  (Read 4538 times)

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
"Play All" with picture media
« on: October 22, 2009, 02:11:57 am »
Hey, the button "Play All" when you are in a folder with pictures, doesn't do anything, is this supposed to work?

I thought it would start a slideshow of all pictures in that folder full screen, something my wife 'needs' 8)

If there is nothing in place for this, what would it take to make this happen?

Would be nice to have a slideshow with a few buttons for 'next' and/or previous picture, maybe later even a zoom function or something, not looking for anything fancy, just a slideshow.

I've seen some old post about this and i kinda "assumed" it was already integrated.........

Richard

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: "Play All" with picture media
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 09:46:41 pm »
We actually need to write a photo viewer to handle photo media type. Does somebody want to take this on?

-Thom

dlewis

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:20:44 pm »

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:32:26 pm »
Nah, the photo viewer will be easy.

There is no need to port anything existing, just write a simple program that can display a photo onto a single window. Have it resizeable to any size, and create methods to go up/down in the playlist. Have it wait X number of seconds dependent on device data, then send the command to go to the next entry in the playlist. It should also implement the Get Video Frame command, so that something could be implemented for the orbiters.

For an experienced dev, this would be about 2 days worth of work.

Once the Picture Player has been written, a Picture Plugin should also be written to pass the media stream of pictures to the relevant picture player. (Use the Game PlugIn and Player as models for this).

The relevant screens could be made in designer for the OSD, for the non-osd orbiters, etc.. after the player is functional.

-Thom

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 01:00:40 am »
Sounds good, all i need now is a "experienced dev" with 2 days of time :p

It's really a big thing in my house, home video's and pictures are always looked at, but if you can't see them full screen, what's the use? My wife can't even see the thumbnails now on our 65" tv.
(I know you can go full screen, but it's too many button pushes for my wife and kids, and with folders of 100's of pictures, very annoying)

Richard

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 07:35:33 pm »
Short Term Just add the Screensaver  attribute and they will be part of the flickr screen saver

I did my sons Sr prom pictures this way and its very nice with the screen saver special effects

http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Use_my_own_pictures_in_the_Screen_Saver

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

rperre

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 04:16:20 pm »
I figured out the screensaver possibilities, but i have 10.000+ pictures in many different folders, no way we can see them all this way, plus you can't pick a certain subject to watch.

I'll try to see if i can do something for a photo viewer, maybe i'll learn something while doing this :)

Richard