Author Topic: Remove device ?  (Read 11198 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Remove device ?
« on: September 07, 2006, 08:03:22 am »
I have 4 errors in my pluto log generated by DiskSpaceCheck.sh that complains about 4 devices not being there. I suspect it was because I had all my video data on a second drive which i installed temporarily to copy the data across. Where can I remove these entries as the md keeps flashing the error message on the screen while watching movies.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Remove device ?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 07:08:30 pm »
Well I guess I am to impatient so I decided to have a look at the database and true as bob there is a devices table and in where the 4 devices that continuosly caused the error so I simply deleted them from the database.

It seems to have worked but there is still an anoying popup while watching movies. This is something that I did not experience in any of the earlier versions. While wathcing any move the screen blacks out the mouse becomes visible then in the top left corner it flashes something and back comes the movie , I suspect it is something checking for new devices then finding an internal drive that it was told to ignore and scanning it anyway. It would really make more sense for the system to first try find out if some media type is playing and not scan that media director or not disply on that particular media director if something is being viewed.

Regards
Dean