Author Topic: how installing audio spdif Realtek 1200 / ASUS P5QL-EM  (Read 3458 times)

freaky

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
how installing audio spdif Realtek 1200 / ASUS P5QL-EM
« on: December 31, 2009, 06:42:54 pm »
Hey Folks,

first of all I would like to thank all of yall for the great support the newbees get here in the board. Without this I already throwed the computer out of the window...

Now to my problem. I have a ASUS P5QL-EM Mainboard and try to hook it up to my AV by SPDIF. I connected the front Audio of my ANTEC case to the onboard spdif out and put the coax cable to my AV. But theres no sound at all.....

Any suggestions for solving this problem
freaky

kyfalcon

• Guru
    • View Profile

freaky

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: how installing audio spdif Realtek 1200 / ASUS P5QL-EM
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 03:53:36 pm »
couldn't get the spdif to work - but this was my fault, I checked the Frontpanel of my case again, and I have 2 plugs for hooking it up to my board - AC97 and HDaudio. The connection to SPdif is on the board right next to the front audio, thats why I thought its spdif....

All I got to work is the back audio now. I was trying to get sound by HDMI - I tried a Geforce 9500 (with the cable to spdif on the board) and the new GT240 (takes the soundsignal over the board - but the software has to support that).

It's nothing on Mute in Alsamixer!
Code: [Select]
cat /proc/asound/cards Just shows 1 Soundcard (Intel) - shouldn't that show 2 soundcards now, the intel and a nvidia??

Anybody got sound by hdmi with a ASUS mainboard and Nvidia card? What are the settings in the ASUS Bios? I can set it to SPDIF Audio and to Audio by HDMI - tried both on both cards, rebooting and everytime checking the alsamixer...... -> no sound

Thanks in advance....