Author Topic: Mame Installation Issue  (Read 4746 times)

jakeh25ad

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Mame Installation Issue
« on: October 24, 2009, 05:56:09 pm »
Ok I was successfully able to install 810 using the scripts from the wiki page (http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/LinuxMCE-0810_alpha2).  Everything was working great and I was having no problems.  I went to the LinuxMCE Admin page and from there I selected the Mame check box and it began installing the mame package.  About 30 minutes into the install the power went out and my machine restarted.  It seemed to boot up fine and then I got to a screen that says Installing LinuxMCE-mame-metadata.  There was a ton of activity on my router and I figured it was downloading the packages, but 36 hours later it is still sitting on the same screen, no activity on my router anymore.  Is there anyway for me to manually kill the install from the terminal?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
Re: Mame Installation Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 09:10:02 pm »
the metadata packages for mame are almost 1.6 gigabytes in total... it takes approximately 4 hr. to install on my system.
-thom

JerryWS98

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 12:58:28 am »
I'm having the same problem now... I get to a screen that says, "Installing: lmce-mame-metadata" and it stops.... any ideas? 

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 12:59:39 am »
let it download. it takes time.

-Thom

JerryWS98

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 01:02:51 am »
I appreciate the quick response, Thom, but it has been like that for 4 days.  Is there a way for me to cancel the install?

bherbie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 04:32:20 am »
First off, I do know this is an old thread and since there hasn't been a 'real' solution posted, I figured I would update it just in case anyone else comes across this issue as I did.  I let my core try to download the mame-metadata for 4 days without touching the system.  Only when it locked up my MDs did I take action.  After rebooting the core, it would hang on 'Installing: lmce-mame-metadata' and my MDs would not boot - kind of an issue for a MC, so here is the solution I used:

ssh into the core, yes it will let you.

remove the locks on the system from the packages trying to download
sudo rm /var/lib/dpkg/lock
sudo rm /var/cache/apt/archives/lock

and finally install the package manually

sudo apt-get install lmce-mame-metadata

this method will also show the progress, time remaining, etc.

HTH

herb

acald

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 08:43:47 pm »
First off, I do know this is an old thread and since there hasn't been a 'real' solution posted, I figured I would update it just in case anyone else comes across this issue as I did. 

this method will also show the progress, time remaining, etc.

HTH

herb

Thanks herb.  It's wonderful to see how little pieces like this will make the difference for others.