Author Topic: beta-problem with MD  (Read 36779 times)

phenigma

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
Re: beta-problem with MD
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2009, 04:41:43 pm »
Any idea when the 810 beta 2 will be released? As I understand it that version is supposed to fix some of the issues that are in the 810 beta relating to MKV playback.

The devs have been working extremely hard to quash some large bugs and overcome issues introduced by changes in third party repositories.  I am certain that as soon as a viable dvd install is ready the next beta will be announced and released.

J.

niz23

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2009, 07:41:52 pm »
levster,
Any idea when the 810 beta 2 will be released? As I understand it that version is supposed to fix some of the issues that are in the 810 beta relating to MKV playback.

Don´t hope to much re mkv´s.
The problem is libxine itself that do not support it fully at the moment.
This will change in libxine 1.2 which far away for now and will not be part of lmce0810.
There might be way to work around this limit. But for now I cannot say if it can be done or not.

/niz23

levster

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2009, 03:36:35 am »
levster,

Don´t hope to much re mkv´s.
The problem is libxine itself that do not support it fully at the moment.
This will change in libxine 1.2 which far away for now and will not be part of lmce0810.
There might be way to work around this limit. But for now I cannot say if it can be done or not.

/niz23

Thank you. MKV playback was one of the main reasons why I wanted to try LinuxMCE. Today, most of the "bundled" HD content is in form of an MKV. I've seen other users on this and other forums go through some pains-taking steps to rectify this issue, but the advice remained the same - unless you really know what you are doing, don't try it. I don't know. If MKV playback is such an important feature that I need, maybe I should try those steps and not wait for the "official" fix?

Lev